Davitts Kenmare Guesthouse
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$268
$179
Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort(Kenmare)(Great Value!)
$122
$149
$140
$258
$224
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstop floorb bring of kerrythe main streetcentre of towncentral locationguest housewi figreat showercouple of nightsrooms are spaciouslive musicsalmonbreakfast was deliciousmaryirelandaccommodation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2013

For our first ever trip to Ireland we stayed for three nights at Davitt’s on the weekend of 17th August 2013 whilst we were in Kenmare for a wedding.

Initially we tried to book at the large, commercial hotel where the wedding reception was being at. However, on being given a quote for an absurdly large amount for our stay my wife and I decided to find something a little more affordable with a bit more character in the town centre of Kenmare. Based on its amazing reviews on trip advisor decided to book at Davitt’s.
We arrived at about 1700 hours on the Friday and were greeted by an extremely friendly female member of staff or booked us in and gave us our room keys. We were in room no.8 which was exactly what we were after as it was on the top floor facing the back. This meant that there was no noise from either the main road at the front or from the bar downstairs. The room was extremely light and airy as it had been refurbished recently. The bathroom was very clean and well maintained with an extremely function bath/shower unit. All three of the windows in our room were mounted in the slanted ceiling and could be opened really wide to allow lots of fresh air in. As a result the room never felt stuffy. Both bedroom windows had very effective pull down blinds so that neither of us were disturbed by the light in the morning.

The atmosphere in the bar restaurant area on the Friday night was amazing and we were both left in no doubt that we had arrived in Kerry CO. There was a musical duet who kept everyone in the restaurant thoroughly entertained whilst they ate. Before our food arrived I asked the barman what beers were worth trying for a pale ale drinker. He recommended both Ohara’s pale ale and Smithwicks both of which turned out to be excellent.

For dinner I had Irish beef burger with chunky chips while my wife had the monkfish with roasted vegetables. We both really enjoyed our meals as the food tasted incredibly fresh and wholesome and came out piping hot. The breakfasts in the mornings were also very good. I had the full Irish cooked breakfast for two of the three mornings that we were there and it was delicious.

Throughout our stay I would have agree with other reviews and say how enormously helpful Mary (the manager) was. On the Saturday when we were about to walk to the wedding ceremony at the Holy Cross Church it began raining hard. On seeing that we were in smart clothes Mary very kindly lent us an umbrella so that we could walk to there without getting soaked through. On the Sunday morning we were discussing with the staff that we were going to drive up to Killarney National Park. Mary very kindly explained how we could visit the best views for taking pictures. She even went as far as to draw us a little map to follow. We had a wonderful day sightseeing around the ring of Kerry.

I have only one slight criticism of Davitt’s in the fact that their website states that there is ‘Private Guest Parking’. This unfortunately is not the case. There is a small area at the rear of the B&B that is shared with the premises next door. At a squeeze it might be possible to fit two cars there but that’s all. The rest of the space is taken up with stacks of pallets and empty beer kegs. It wasn’t any problem as we just parked our rental vehicle in a side street nearby without any issues.

I would happily stay at Davitt’s again without hesitation as the food, drink and hospitality were impeccable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David M
Reviewed August 17, 2013

First class b and b fabulous room great location, had a beautiful breakfast and also had a fantastic meal in the restaurant at night. Very nice staff. Would highly recommend Davitts and Kenmare for a holiday great night time entettainment.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Great choice has been to stay in this B&B, that I would rate more as small hotel rather than B&B. Just in the center of the small town and with a superb Bistro annexed and that serves very good food and music all togheter. The owners have been very warm and friendly during all our staying. The room was spacious and with big bathroom. Nothing to complain.

We will be back to this location if again in Kenmare

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Davitts Kenmare was a fantastic place to stay. My husband and I stayed there and we were both very happy with the location which was right in the middle of the town of Kenmare. The owners of the Inn were so friendly and were willing to help with anything needed from directions to cold medicine. The breakfast was included in the price and was fantastic. You had a buffet and then could also order off of the menu. I had the banana pancakes and I think there were fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Excellent hotel, right in the middle of the town. Friendly staff, lovely breakfast, i was a little bit fussy, but they didn't mind in the slightest. Room was really quiet considering its right on the town centre. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 2, which was a bit back from the street. Probably why it was so quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends