“Perfectly inviting, balanced Irish charm with pristine modern amenities.”

Coachmans Townhouse Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
“Perfectly inviting, balanced Irish charm with pristine modern amenities.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Couldn't have asked for better rooms on a recent stay - best shower in Ireland!
The bar & dinner menu was great, capped off by wonderful live music for a great atmosphere.
Perfect location in a fantastic village.

Would recommend to all!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank ESGLux

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

You can't get a better location for Kenmare. Right in the middle of downtown. Plenty of access to wifi. Big rooms. Nice bar area. Good price.

A few issues to keep me from rating it 5.

The first was, we waited at the front desk for a while before I finally went into the bar to find someone to help us. Even then I went back out to the lobby and waited some more. Not a huge deal but there were three people working at the bar and only 2 customers at the bar, so the wait wasn't caused by a busy staff.

The second was, we were charged for breakfast. Again, not a huge deal, 5 euro per person. But this place is listed as a bed AND breakfast which to me implies you get both for the price you pay. We staying in 8 places in Ireland, both hotels and B&Bs and this was one of only two places where we had to pay for our breakfast.

The third was, the sign out front said traditional Irish music EVERY NIGHT. There was no music.

Room Tip: A few other tips: there ARE in fact drinking glasses in the room, if you can't find them look do...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for just one night while we were in town for a friends celebration. The place is bang in the middle of Kenmare, huge room with what seems like 2 king sized beds and room for a roll-away. Breakfast was lovely and simple the next morning, cooked fresh from what I could tell so no crusty rashers or shrivelled sausages here. And we are thinking this could be the spot when we are back in Kenmare over the summer, with it being really good value for money.

• Stayed April 2013
co limerick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

My family and i have stayed here , several times over the years on a regular basis , and i can safely say that having stayed in various other hotels in the area such as kenmare bay , parknasilla resort and sneem hotel , the coachmans punches above its weight for a townhouse hotel . The room size and quality finishes , coupled with the excellent food and entertainment make this a gem in the centre of kenmare . You wont be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jsheehan
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here with my family for one night in July 2012. It was just what we were looking for - a clean and spacious room right in the center of town just upstairs from a lively pub with great music. Our kids hung out in the room while my wife and I enjoyed the music and a couple of pints. Although our stay in Kenmare was brief it was my favorite place we stayed during our trip to Ireland - great restaurants and beautiful scenery.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 2nd floor and toward the back so there was no noise from the pub downstairs or f...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank up2late
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have been a long time patron of The Coachmans and can say without a doubt that it is one of the best establishments that I have ever been to.

The staff are extremely friendly, helpful and very good at what they do. The food is second to none and with a very varied menu there is something for everyone. The many friends I have introduced to The Coachmans have all agreed that it is a gem in Kenmare.

Traditional Irish music is provided at the weekends (and every other night in the summer season) and this really gets the crowd going, as can be seen by the people trying their hand at Irish dancing in front of the stage !!

I couldn't say a bad word about The Coachmans and predict that any visitor will more than agree with me.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Gnyhan
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

As part of a 12 day tour of Ireland with Vagabond Tours, I stayed at the Coachman’s Hotel for one night in August 2012. I would have to say that overall the Coachman’s Hotel represents a very good choice for anyone visiting Kenmare. As many reviewers have already noted, the hotel is well situated on one of Kenmare’s main streets and everything that you might possibly want to see in Kenmare is within easy walking distance. Regarding the hotel’s accommodation and service, my own room was very bright, spacious, and clean, and the bed very comfortable. I notice that some guests have complained about the condition of the bathrooms in their suites, and that one reviewer in particular mentioned a lack of hot water. My own experience, however, was completely different. The bathroom in my room was impeccably clean and well maintained, and there was more than enough hot water. In fact, if memory serves me correct, I believe that it took less time for the water in my shower to reach a nice hot temperature than was the case in any other hotel and B&B that I stayed in during my Irish vacation.

There is a restaurant on the ground floor of the hotel and a small stage within the restaurant where live concerts take place on most, if not all, nights. I highly recommend the restaurant. Dinner was perfect, one of many fabulous meals I had during my tour of Ireland. My only complaint was with the service after our meal; it took forever to get our bills and most of us, in fact, had to go up to the bar to inquire about what the final total was for our meals. In this regard, it would have been helpful if the waiters had explained that they would not be bringing bills directly to our table. Meanwhile, as good as dinner was, I have to note that breakfast the next morning was just average and did not compare favourably to the many other excellent morning repasts we had as part of the Vagabond Tour.

The evening’s entertainment the night our tour group was at the Coachman’s Restaurant featured Michael O’Brien playing the accordion, accompanied by Sean O’Connor on acoustic guitar. It was a memorable concert highlighting both rousing jigs and soft ballads. If Michael is performing when you are at the Coachman’s Hotel, you should try to see his concert; you’ve likely never heard anyone perform the accordion the way Michael does. His technique is awe-inspiring and the more rousing tunes might well get you out of your seat and dancing on your table!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo