“Book The Brook!”
Review of Brook Lane Hotel

Brook Lane Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Came down for the bank holiday weekend with my wife and her Dad. It's a 4 minute walk from the hotel into the heart of Kenmare village. Location wise I think this is perfect, as the centre of Kenmare can be quite lively until well after my bedtime. The hotel has a street hoarding out on the pavement advertising "Really Nice Rooms", and you know what; that is the absolute truth. We ate in the hotel restaurant a couple of evenings and we were all very impressed with both the service and the food. The staff are really friendly, with excellent tips for day trips.

There are a few tiny details, a missing sink plug here, an absent soap dispenser there, which would stop me from giving the Brook absolutely top marks; it is also another hotel which insists on playing pop music in the breakfast room (2FM in this case) which is one of my pet hates. And someone really needs to lock up the piano when the bar closes, as some Brahms & Liszt pianist insisted in attacking the David Bowie back catalogue at 3am one night.

However, I'm being picky. We had a very good deal, and we all enjoyed our stay in this very well kept, stylish hotel. I'd stay there again.

1  Thank dodger23
Management response:Responded September 7, 2010

Thank you for you glowing review abour our hotel,we really enjoyed having you,your wife and Father in Law stay with us,We have taken your comments on board and hope to see you again soon
Una Brennan -Owner

Reviewed August 6, 2010

Stayed with my husband at the brook lane in August. They upgraded us to a wonderful suite because it was our anniversary. This is a great little hotel, totally different on the inside and with lots of personality. Staff are excellent, the furniture is quirky and very tasteful. Brook lane is a smashing little hotel.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Had a fantastic trip through West Cork and decided to round off the trip in style. Booked The Brook Lane over the phone, rate was a bit steep but decided to treat ourselves. Received a warm welcome and shown to our room by the wonderful Siobhan. Very comfortable room, fluffy robes and a great big bath to soak our weary bones. The bar was modern what it lacked in personality made up for in excellent service and a wonderful session group who played that night. A great nights sleep in a huge big kigsize bed followed by a GREAT breakfast, we were two very happy customers. Location ideal near enough to town but far enough. So friendly and welcoming.....We'll be back!

Reviewed August 4, 2010

Stayed at this hotel on our vacation in Ireland. When we arrived at about 5:00 PM the manager on duty showed us to are room. He noticed a light bulb was out and said he would come back to replace it and did within 5 minutes. There was lots a parking available. It was about a 10 minute into town; most of the way on paths.
Manager told us there would be music in the pub that evening. We ate in the pub; food was pretty good. Music and atmosphere was very good. Enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
brooklane, Owner at Brook Lane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2010

Dear Snowcat,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Brook Lane following your recent stay. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food, music and atmosphere in our Bistro.

With regard to the distance from the hotel to town, I would just like to point out for the benefit of other travellers that there is a shortcut from the hotel into the town centre which you may not have been aware of during your stay. From your description in your review I gather that you walked to town following the tracks running along by the main road which would take up to ten minutes, whereas the shorcut is much more direct and should take no more than 3-4 minutes.

Once again I would like to thank you for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back to Kenmare again soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2010

What a lovely hotel! We spent two nights at the Brook Lane in Kenmare in early August and enjoyed it enormously. All the staff from receptionist, to night porter were exrtremely friendly and helpful. The hotel itself has modern attractive decor and is well maintained and spotless. Our room was great - a HUGE double bed and generous bathroom. Though there is no tea making facility in the room, complimentary tea/coffee is on offer from room service. We used this service twice and on both occassions the order arrived within minutes (quicker than boiling a kettle yourself) and was accompanyed by some slices of a lovely cherry cake.

The staff are great and very accomodating. We were heading off early for a trip to Skellig Michael and had to leave the hotel before breakfast service began. Any chance of a cup of coffee? No problem, help yourself to the buffet and I'll see if I can rustle up a bit of cooked breakfast for you (this from the night porter)! Not only did he deliver a great breakfast but he also provided us with a few freshly prepared sandwiches for our day out - now that's service.

The hotel is located a 3 minute walk from the centre of Kenmare and its miriad of bars and restaurants. It is also directly on the Kerry Way walking route so ideal as a base for a walking holiday.

Best bit - the service. Worst bit - not staying long enough to explore the Kerry Way.

Dear DermotH186605,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Brook Lane following your recent visit to Kenmare. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and your very kind words are a huge boost to the team here, especially Brian the night porter!!.

The next time you return we will arrange to send you for a stroll on the Kerry Way Trail which does indeed pass our front door. For very little actual effort, the view of Kenmare Bay and the surrounding hills is truely magnificent.

Thanks again

Reviewed August 2, 2010

My Girlfriend & I booked a midweek break last week to have a rest from our new born son, So as you can imagine we were looking to totally relax and recharge the batteries, And we hit the Jackpot with the Brook Lane in Kenmare, Upon arrival we were greeted by Siobhan whom at once made us feel so welcome and guided us to our room, which when she opened the door to this suite with a king size bed, lounge area, and balcony looking over the most beautiful sites I have ever seen I knew it was going to be a nice break. We booked a package of 2 nights b&b and a dinner, When we went for dinner the first night we expected to be handed a set menu like most hotels, but not here, you could choose from anything on the menu I went for the Mushrooms and the Steak, and to be honest couldnt move after it .So We had delicious meals with top notch service. Breakfast was the same, the service was fantastic, I didn't like the sausages though!! but everything else was great. As you probably know Kenmare is just beautiful and we really got the weather on the Thursday. I must say I have stayed in hotels in the past that have big reputations and never live up to the standards ( one in Kilkenny I wont mention..) However the Brook Lane will A) be very busy for the next few weeks as we have not shut up about it to our friends and family and B) Have added 2 more people to their regular customer list. I would say if you are going to stay in Kenmare choose the Brooklane and try and get the suite!!! if you cant not to worry the rest of the rooms are very nice. I dont usually write reviews about anything but I really feel I should in this case. as in this day and age if you get something special for your hard earned money its nice to be nice.. Enjoy ...

Reviewed August 2, 2010

We arrived last Tuesday for a 3 night stay - a really fabulous boutique hotel a short walk from the town. Warm & welcoming greeting on arrival. Hotel is beautifully decorated. Really trendy room, a bed that was so comfortable and a modern spotless bathroom. Staff very friendly and knowledgeable about local trips etc. The food in the bar / restaurant was incredible with different specials every evening. Overall our view was nothing was too much trouble for the staff to make our stay more enjoyable - we will definately be back as soon as we can! Ruairi & Sara - Dublin.

Dear Sara186605,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay. it is clear from your review that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Kenmare again soon.

Thanks again

Proprietor

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmare
Sheen Falls Lodge
#3 of 38 in Killarney
Lake Hotel
Lake Hotel
#8 of 38 in Killarney

Been to Brook Lane Hotel? Share your experiences!