“Brook Lane was great!”
Review of Brook Lane Hotel

Brook Lane Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
Reviewed April 20, 2009

My family of five just stayed at Brook Lane for 2 nights. It was great. Quiet, clean, super comfortable rooms. We had 2 rooms next to each other and they were huge! the breakfast was wonderful, fresh cut fruit, croissants, breads, cereals, yogurts, full cooked to order. Kenmare was a great town too. Just a short walk into town by way of a path.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank steady

Reviewed April 15, 2009

I stayed in this hotel with my girlfriend for three nights.

The staff are extremely nice and very helpful. The food is out of this world.

The rooms are big, spacious and comfortable.

I highly recommend this hotel.

The only one problem is that there is no WiFi or internet access.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MunsterCouple
Reviewed April 8, 2009

We stayed for 2 nights at the Brook Lane Hotel. There was a path into Kenmare which only took about 10 minutes to walk and it was lit pretty well except for a small stretch. The breakfast provided was very good with plenty to select from on the buffet and then you were also provided with a menu to order a hot dish such as french toast, full irish breakfast, etc. The room was clean and very comfortable. This hotel also is in a great location to drive the Ring of Kerry and/or the Ring of Beara. We did both and found the Ring of Beara to be much more beautiful than the Ring of Kerry. If you only had time for one, you need to choose the Ring of Beara. This was one of the more reasonably priced hotels we stayed at in Ireland and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CathyGeorgia
Reviewed April 5, 2009

My entire family traveled to Ireland for my wedding and we all stayed at The Brook Lane Hotel. Siobhaun, Pat, Una, Mags, Goga, and Ann Maria were all outstanding. They took care of all our needs from pressing our clothes for the wedding to booking a DJ for the reception at the last minute. I even managed to break my pearl necklace and burn a hole in my veil and all the ladies, especially Siobhaun, Goga, Mags, and Una, pitched in and fixed my veil and pearl necklace just in time for the ceremony. I cannot imagine a more amazing time in Ireland. I cannot recommend The Brook Lane Hotel highly enough. Our visit to Ireland and more importantly, my wedding, would not have been the same without the love and attention we felt and received from everyone at the hotel. We managed to close the hotel bar every night and terrorize the local bars and thought surely we would be asked to leave the hotel, but the staff just laughed at our stories and even recommended places to go...Una, remember telling the boys that a Hen & Stag Party would be at the Atlantic Bar in the back room? The best part is that the boys actually believed her and went to the bar only to find "mature" Irish ladies dancing in the back room! We also loved the locals in Kenmare; from Richard and his dog to the owner of the bar who wears a cat on his head (Mags loved that story!). In short, the hotel was amazing, the food was outstanding, the spa was phenomenal, and the people were great. This review is terribly long, but it seems unjust to write only a few words about the place that helped us coordinate and celebrate our wedding and put up with all the craziness from our entire crew. We cannot wait to return to Kenmare and The Brook Lane Hotel (if they'll have us again)!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed April 5, 2009

my sister just had her wedding this weekend in the book lane. all the staff were really helpfull to us over our stay and made the experience very stress free for us especially on the morning of a wedding.they did every thing from taking photographs for us to helping with our dresses.
the food was amazing on the day of the wedding along with the service. every need was catered for.
i will definately be booking in again for a weekend stay and couldnt recommend it highly enough

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed March 30, 2009

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for the weekend in dec. We stayed in the junior suite, it was beautifull, cosy and comfy with a big fire and couch. It was one my best stays in an hotel in ireland. The staff were very helpfull with ideas of what to see and where to eat. The downfall was my boyfriend got reallly sick in the room. I did clean it up but it did still make the room smell and it was our first night so we where stuck with the smell for the rest of the weekend. I went down to the reception and asked her to give the cleaner money from me for cleaning the room. The room was cleaned but still smelled. When we got home we recieved a bill for 200 euro for cleaning the room which they have taken off our credit card. I understand charging us but the amount they charged was a bit extreme after me giving them money already. Otherwise it was a lovely hotel.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
brooklane, General Manager at Brook Lane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2009

Thank you for your kind comments on the Brook Lane Hotel Kenmare and delighted that your overall stay with us was enjoyable.

It was unfortunate that your boyfriend fell ill on your weekend away.

Just to explain the extra cleaning charge to you.

We maintain a very high level of cleaning and hygiene at the Brook lane

Even though our housekeeping staff cleaned the room the smell, as you remarked yourself, got worse. Because bodily fluids were involved we had to get the carpets professionally cleaned for the comfort and hygiene of our other guests which involved taking out all the furniture as a spot clean would have left a faded area near the bed and would be no guarantee that the carpet was fully clean.
We also had to throw out towels which could not be re used which were not charged for.

The room was also out of service for two days.

The fee charged to you did not fully cover the cost but as a goodwill gesture we covered the balance.

Once again thank you for your kind words and we hope you will consider us for a return visit if you are ever in the area.

Regards
Pat Gath

Reviewed March 27, 2009

We wanted a nice hotel in the Kenmare area without paying a small fortune. The Brook Lane met all our requirements, easy walk to town, handy access to ring of Kerry and well priced.
We booked a package including breakfast and one dinner which was great value as there is no restriction on the menu, you can choose from the full menu.
We didn't have a restaurant booked for the Saturday night and the receptionist offered to make a reservation for us. We found the staff extremely friendly and down to earth, nothing was too much trouble and they had some great suggestions for local pubs and restaurants.
We stayed in a superior room which was well equipped and comfortable, the bathroom is very good with heated floor and a good supply of bathroom products.
It is a very friendly and cosy hotel where the staff member who took our bags to the room was also our waiter at dinner....the staff do everything, and they do it brilliantly. They are genuine in wanting you to enjoy your stay at their hotel.
I would definitely stay in The Brook Lane Hotel again .

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank banbh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmare
Sheen Falls Lodge
#3 of 38 in Killarney
Lake Hotel
Lake Hotel
#8 of 38 in Killarney

Been to Brook Lane Hotel? Share your experiences!