Brook Lane Hotel
$321
Great 4.5/5
Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort(Kenmare)(Great Value!)
$123
Lake Hotel(Killarney)
$213
$192
Great 4.5/5
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,024 results
All reviewsboutique hotelring of kerrylovely hotelirish dancingshort walkwould highly recommend this hoteltwo nightshotel barsmall hoteltop classtown centresmoked salmonlovely roomfollowing morningtea and coffeecomfortable roomsbeara peninsula
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed at the Brook Lane Hotel for two nights with my husband and six month old baby during the summer. We were in the Kenmare area for a family wedding and many members of our family also stayed at the same time. I can wholeheartedly recommend the Brook Lane for anyone looking for a comfortable hotel stay with excellent service. From check in to check out the staff went above and beyond our expectations. A babysitting service was provided for us on the night of the wedding, I was given access to the kitchen area to wash and sterilise my baby's bottles (one staff member (possibly the owner?) also told me I could leave the bottles into the kitchen and they would sterilise them for me! I was allowed to leave all my bottles to cool down on an empty table while I was having breakfast, for travel with a baby this hotel can't be beaten!

The accommodation was very comfortable, iron and ironing board provided (so rare in hotels these days), nice bathroom, comfy bed. The lobby area is very comfortable with nice couches and chairs and boutique décor. The breakfast was outstanding, I have never tasted black pudding so good before (I'm still thinking about it!), really really good.

All in all, such a good stay, so easy, such lovely staff, definitely the place to stay when in Kenmare

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
kenmaretourism, Una Brennan - Owner at Brook Lane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for your very kind review. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Brook Lane Hotel some day soon

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have stayed in Kenmare plenty of times, sometimes with family and sometimes in one of the many local B&B's.
On this occasion however we were celebrating our 12th Wedding Anniversary so decided to treat ourselves to a "luxury" room at the Brook Lane. To say we were disappointed on arrival was an understatement.

We arrived 3.15 to find that our room wasn't ready. This was not a problem at all, we had put in the reservation that our estimated time of arrival would be 4pm and we popped out to Kilgarven to the church where our wedding was held to pass the time.

When we returned to the hotel we were shown to our room and this is where we felt let down.

The room was very clean etc but the problem was that we had booked a "luxury" room in a "boutique" hotel and this just didn't fit the bill.
The lobby area of the hotel is what we expected. Quirky furniture and decoration,large mirrors, colourful wall paper etc.
But the bedroom, apart from the huge padded and colourful headboard, could have been in any hotel anywhere in the country. Standard chairs and standard brown wooden furniture. The tv wasn't flat screen which in a supposed 4 star hotel is the very least you would expect. My husband and I both agree that although the tv itself isn't the most important thing in the room, it is very indicative of the standard of the hotel.
The room was supposed to come with a dvd player, radio, bed side clocks and bay window. We had none of these, although a dvd player was delivered once I spoke to the staff.

The bathroom was ok. Again a standard hotel bathroom with nothing special to make it feel luxurious or boutique. A walk in shower would be expected at this standard. But it was clean which I suppose is the main thing.

We went back to reception to discuss our feelings about the room to be told that "other guests are usually happy" with the luxury rooms. Well, thats grand, but didn't do anything to help us.
The staff present, Siobhan and Pat, were quick to point out that the Junior Suite wasn't available, although it was showing on their website before I went to reception and I could have booked it. I would have been happy to pay for the upgrade.

Pat brought us some tea and coffee and advised us that we would not be charged if we wanted to leave the hotel and stay elsewhere. He then rang the room a few minutes later to advise that there were rooms available at another hotel in Kenmare but at a cost of an extra 55euro. We had decided to stay by this point however, as the room, although not what we had expected was ok and to be fair, the bed was very comfortable.

Once we had informed Pat that we decided to stay, they did deliver a bottle of prosecco as an anniversary gift. This went down very well.

This hotel is sold on its website as a boutique hotel and they have the lobby absolutely right. But the bedroom in no way could be described as boutique. Looking at other travellers photos I see that the furniture in every room is exactly the same brown wood. There is a lovely mirrored dressing table in the reception area, this is the sort of thing they should be putting in the rooms.

I would definitely not stay at this hotel again, there are so many B&B's in the town and a number of other hotels to choose from. This hotel is more expensive than the B&B's and most of the other hotels, except the 2 5 star hotels in Kenmare, but we really didnt get value for money and left feeling very dissatisfied.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank declansmum
kenmaretourism, Una Brennan - Owner at Brook Lane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for your review,apologies we did not live up to your expectations on your recent visit ,but we really did try and accommodate you in every way.Our junior suite was occupied on the day you arrived as the people who were in it the day before decided to stay another night ,but when you made the original booking it was free on the booking engine,

Reviewed August 11, 2013

A very comfortable and well-maintained hotel, only five minutes' walk from central Kenmare on a protected pathway. Terrific breakfast many options and choices. I particularly enjoyed the unusual preparations of fruits, such as the rhubarb and the berry compote. The hotel has a lively bar and an excellent white-linen restaurant. Definitely worth a return visit!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Fab Review ,thank you for staying with us ,all our compots are made fresh daily in our kitchens.
We have music weekly in Casey,s bar
Look forward to welcoming you back some day.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed one night in the brook lane. Our room was spacious and spotlessly clean. It didn't have tea/coffee making facilities but, even better, you just ring reception and they bring you a tray with tea or coffee and delicious homemade cookies... Staff are friendly and efficient. Breakfast was lovely, good choices. Siobhaun on reception was very welcoming. The hotel is about 4 mins walk from town centre...just ask for someone to point out the shortcut.

• Stayed: August 2013
kenmaretourism, Una Brennan - Owner at Brook Lane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Lovely review,thank you for staying with us
Hope we will see you back soon again.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed here with my family just prior to the Kenmare Food Festival and found it to be a pleasant place to stay with warm friendly staff. Struggled a little to cope with the unseasonably warm weather (no air conditioning) as did quiet a few places where we stayed on this trip. Location was great being a short walk down a quiet lane to the main street. Only ate breakfast at the hotel and whoever was in the kitchen was doing a great job - amazing pouched fruit and quality cooked breakfast a standout.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your lovely review,will pass on you nice comments about our breakfasts to Karen our Breakfast Chef.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit
.Hope to see you soon again.