“Great hostel in a great location”

and 1 more site!
Kenmare Failte Hostel
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is my fourth time staying here. Kenmare is a great base for discovering the beara peninsula, walking the Kerry way or cycling. The hostel is very clean, its right beside the centre of the town but not too close that it gets very noisy.

Its one of the few hostels I’ve stayed in where I’ve managed to have a hot shower any time day or night. The kitchen is big and spacious, I didn’t really make much use of it as I preferred to try out the local restaurants and cafes as there are lots to choose from in Kenmare.

I usually book a private room and it works out fine, however the the one I stayed in this time was a bit on the small side, it had a washbasin and a set of drawers which wasn’t alot to store ones clothes especially when there were two people using the room.
Overall I enjoyed the stay in this hostel as you pretty much come and go as you please, and its all very relaxing. The hosts are very helpful and friendly. The hostel gets a wide mix of guests staying from young and old to families. Its wise to book ahead as it seems to get booked up on weekends.

Its good if you don't want to spend a lot of money on accommodation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
kenmarefailtehostel, Owner at Kenmare Failte Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments and we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and have returned on 4 occasions!
We do have hooks provided also so you can hang your clothes, however, if you mention this to us the next time you book- we will do our best to accommodate you with more hanging,cupboard space.
Thanks, Aoife & Maureen :-)

Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was my third year staying at Failte Hostel and each year it gets better and better. The location is perfect, being right in the centre. Parking is easy nearby. My friends stayed in twin rooms and I stayed in a 4 bed dorm. We were all well pleased with our sleeping arrangements. Failte Hostel is so warm, friendly, clean and inviting. The kitchen facilities are fantastic and we love the Aga range creating such a homely atmosphere. Thanks to Aoife for looking after us so well and we will certainly be back. I recommend this hostel to every person who likes a good welcome, nice surroundings and a safe and comfortable environment. Oh, and it's very reasonably priced!

Room Tip: If you're a woman on your own, there are two female, 4 bed dorms and these are spacious, bright...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
kenmarefailtehostel, Owner at Kenmare Failte Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Thank you very much for your lovely comments...we are delighted you had a lovely stay...comments like these make our work here worthwhile! We look forward to welcoming you again :-)
Aoife & Maureen.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We just returned after spending two fantastic nights in the Kenmare. We stayed at the Kenmare Fáilte hostel. This lovely hostel is situated in the heart of the beautiful picturesque town Kenmare. After being greeted by the warm and welcoming staff we were shown to our very comfortable and warm ensuite room. The hostel offers free wifi (a real bonus) and there is also a kitchen where one can cook on the aga cooker. One can relax and have a chat and a cuppa ( tea and coffee are supplied free of charge ) with other guest in the hostel. I am looking forward to returning to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
kenmarefailtehostel, Manager at Kenmare Failte Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind comments...we're delighted you enjoyed your stay with us...thanks, Aoife & Maureen.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed at Failte for a week and found it very friendly, welcoming and well cared for. I really liked the kitchen, complete with Aga for those damp Irish mornings, and the sitting room with its traditional furnishings and view down the main street. It felt like home for a week, highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Thank you very much for your lovely comments...we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us...Aoife & Maureen

Reviewed November 5, 2011

It was rather like staying at a vicarage. I parked my bicycle around the back and was met in the kitchen by the staff who showed me around. There was an Aga cooker in the kitchen with two kitchen tables in the middle. Perfrect for communal eating. Living room was cosy and homely. I slept in one of the dorms and the beds were good and the room a nice size. The staff were chatty and pleasant. As I was travelling alone an added bonus was the great company I met that night! Slightly hungover the following morning there was no push to get me out on time. A nice experience!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
kenmarefailtehostel, Manager at Kenmare Failte Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2011

Thank you very much for your lovely comments and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in Kenmare Failte Hostel. We received an award recently for the best IHH town hostel in Ireland 2011 so of course we're delighted! We hope to welcome you again in 2012.
Aoife & Maureen Finnegan

Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stayed here one night while we were riding along the Ring of Kerry. Well positioned in the town of Kenmare, with a bicycle parking in the rear courtyard, it's a really nice hostel, good value! Very clean (both our private room and common spaces) and welcoming. You can really see how staff takes care of the hostel. Maybe breakfast could be provided with a small extra charge. Anyway, we highly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
kenmarefailtehostel, Manager at Kenmare Failte Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We do provide FREE tea/coffee/sugar & other necessities now!

Reviewed August 20, 2011

The hostel is just wunderfull and feels very comftable. We had a four bed-room for the two of us and there was plenty of space. The room was not on-suit but we had a washbasin.
The kitchen is well equiped, very nice, very cosy and always clean like the rest of the house.

You can see and feel that the owners care about there Histel and there guest.

The best hostel I stayed in in my two weeks in Ireland.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
kenmarefailtehostel, Manager at Kenmare Failte Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2015

Thank you very much and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt at home.
Kindest Regards,