Willow Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Casey's Hotel(Glengarriff)
Lake Hotel(Killarney)
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat sense of humorb bone nightfull irishbreakfast was delicioushostirelandhouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2013

You're funny, knowledgeable, helpful; you make a good breakfast; we slept well; as I recall you gave me a welcoming tot of something- can't remember if it was a liqueur or whiskey; and you're funny. You put a good spin on the day. Keep doin what you're doin and ignore the grumps.
Cheers
oh, and it was actually june 2012 that we visited.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Fiveneedlepine
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed there in early August 2013, in 2 rooms (2 adults 2 kids). Rooms were spotless and large, well equipped. Read about price comments before and found indeed Kenmare is more expensive than Killarney - if you run on a tight budget you should pass through Kenmare (traffic is a pain anyway). Did not find this B&B overpriced though, compared to other houses we saw in this city. The hosts Gretta and Paul are very friendly and helpful. Overall we had a great stay and lovely rest!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Hesi1508
Reviewed August 5, 2013

paul was very informative of the local places of interest and gave us good advice. Close to the town centre. The down side was no tea making facilities in the room. Room was noisy. The room also lacked the comforts (no face flannels) of an expensive B & B at 50 euros per person we felt this not value for money compared to other places we stayed at on our trip around Ireland. However, Paul and Gretta were very welcoming and nice people.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank stupot1944
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Myself and a few friends stayed at Willow lodge over the August weekend whilst attending a wedding in Kenmare, we were delighted to have been able to book accommodation together so close to the town. All was well with our stay, rooms comfortable and welcoming etc, until the next morning. Unfortunately it turns out that at this BnB there is no single rate for a person staying alone in a room, a fact I was not made aware of at the time of booking even though I specifically requested a single room. I was charged 90 euros for one night for one person-an extortionate rate under any circumstances, particularly considering we had missed breakfast which is served only from 8 until 9.30 in the morning (a very small window of opportunity really!!). Anyway-I paid the amount, and my friends and I left highly unimpressed with our hosts protestations that she is the only host in the town that caters for singles and that it is a fixed rate-our doubts about this were confirmed when our other single friend, who had left earlier that morning, rang to tell us that she had been charged 100 euros for the very same privilege as myself-fixed rate indeed!! I cannot help but feel that the couple running this place have perfected that art of "chat" as it were to cover the fact that all that they are is friendly scam artists.

Room Tip: don't bother!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank jennywrenny1
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Thank you Paul & Gretta for our very short but sweet stay for one night last month. Our room was comfortable & quiet, breakfast very good and location excellent. We were en route to a wedding in Killarney and I can't thank you enough for the help you gave when I had a mini dress disaster. You solved the problem via your washing machine and drier - going beyond customer service! Thanks to you both. I only wish we had the time to stay longer. I am a Travel Agent in the UK and would highly recommend the guest house to all my clients. If we find ourselves back to this part of Ireland we will be back to see you.

All the best, Sarah & Steve.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple