“great golf, scenic course, great people!”
Review of Kenmare Golf Club

Kenmare Golf Club
hillsdale, nj
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“great golf, scenic course, great people!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

my wife and I threw in shoes/balls/gloves on our trip so that we could say we played in Ireland. We drove into Kenmare past the course on a sunny (yes sunny) day and had to play! The course is challenging, the greens were pristine and the setting stunning. After playing we went back to the car for our camera and asked if we could walk back on the course to take pictures. Not only did they say no problem, but told us to "take a buggy" as well. Needless to say we did...the price was the pro had to be in a picture with my wife! Also had a chance to chat with the club captain, he almost sold us on a membership! Also got a picture with him which we will post later. Nicer people you'll never meet.

Visited June 2013
PaulBrownCaptain2013, Captain 2013 at Kenmare Golf Club, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thanks Ellenwk for your very kind comments about Kenmare Golf Club. The weather has been very kind to us this year and our course is in magnificent condition, our greenkeepers are doing a tremendous job for us. I am very happy to have been present to speak with you and your husband when you played our course and I see that even in my absence our "Pro", Johnny Allen had given you a Kenmare welcome. Glad you enjoyed your visit, the membership offer stands and we would love to have you back again. Please post the photos you took at our club. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday.

Gosfield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Take a Buggy for the ride of your life!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have been coming to this course for 14 years (missed 2 years when the course was under construction) and nothing has ever changed my opinion of it despite the different conditions that I have played the course in, I love it here - The course has so much character and every hole has something different to offer. The par 3 fourteenth is an interesting hole depending on the weather you could use any club ranging from a 7 tron to a driver!! The welcome and the clubhouse is always friendly and I would definitely recommend it to any golfer who likes a challenge along with the natural beauty that can be seen from the course.

1 Thank Nigel C
PaulBrownCaptain2013, Captain 2013 at Kenmare Golf Club, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Hi Nigel, its great to welcome back regular visitors. After a couple of tough years weather wise the great run of recent weather has left our course in fantastic shape. Your kind comments are very much appreciated and I will convey them to our staff and volunteers. I look forward to your next visit and would love to meet with you. Enjoy what looks like a great summer for golf.
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great golf, lovely people”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I played two rounds at Kenmare Golf Club, initially attracted by the great location, just outside the town centre. The course is a lovely parkland course with a few of the holes right beside the river. The course looks easy on the scorecard but the wind and elevation changes make for a challenge. In addition, the staff and members are welcoming and accommodating to guests. I played in the Friday night scramble and it was a highlight of my trip.

1 Thank JasonA_HK
PaulBrownCaptain2013, Captain 2013 at Kenmare Golf Club, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Hi Jason, many thanks for your kind comments. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our course which is in superb condition at present. Our first tee box is only a well struck 9 iron from the top of Main St. Our friday night scrambles are a fun event and as always visitors are very welcome to our club. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Kenmare, come back soon.
Killarney
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“looking forward to our return”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I golfed the magnificent Kenmare golf course last week. The greens and fairways are manicured and in great order. It was our first time playing this course, found it challenging and most enjoyable. An unexpected top class course which has nor received the publicity of the more well known courses in the area. A true gem combined with the friendliness and efficency of the president and his team. A must when in Kerry.

1 Thank tonikillarney
Hi Toni, sorry about the delay in responding to your review. I'm thrilled that you and your husband enjoyed your visit to our club. Our greenkeepers have been working hard to present our course in superb condition and it looks great this year. I will convey your kind remarks to our President, Tom Carey who has been very active around the clubhouse and behind the bar, ably assisted by his wife. We all try to ensure a warm welcome to all visitors to Kenmare Golf Club. I note you are from Killarney and we have a very competitive membership package which I would be delighted to discuss with you.
Halstead, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Please stay away”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This is such an great course that is easy to recommend to anyone - however I don't want it to get spoiled by becoming too popular....

My only complaint is the lack if a decent course guide (strokesaver) which would make a huge difference to the first-time visitor. This course has so many abrupt changes of direction or elevation that can spoil the round.

1 Thank Tony F
PaulBrownCaptain2013, Captain 2013 at Kenmare Golf Club, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Many thanks for your review Tony, please encourage people to come to us rather than stay away, we want to share the Kenmare Golf Club experience with others. As a small club the revenue from visitors green fees are very important to our budget. Our course is in tremendous shape at the moment and well worth a visit. I note your comment about the strokesaver and we will have a very detailed description of each hole on our website in the next 2/3 weeks. Please return soon.