“Delicious and Fun”
Review of Oceanblue Seafood Bar - CLOSED

Oceanblue Seafood Bar
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
San Diego, California
“Delicious and Fun”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We happened to be in town during the music festival and were having a hard time finding a table for our family of seven. We inquired at Oceanblue and the owner Jim asked us to wait 15 minutes, he rearranged customers and tables to accommodate us. The staff was very personable and friendly. The food was amazing. Very fresh, perfect sized servings, grilled or fried, filet or shell fish you will not be disappointed. Trust me, we ordered it all, devoured it all, and would go back. Strike up a conversation withJim, sip on some wine and enjoy your meal at Oceanblue.

Del Mar, California
“Freshest Fish In Kenmare”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I just returned from a great vacation in Ireland. While in Kenmare my family & I ate at Oceanblue Seafood Bar twice. Jim, the owner, only serves fish that was caught that day. Absolutely delicious. The salmon seemed to be the biggest hit. Although the fish & chips were winners too. The batter is light and quickly cooked in grapeseed oil. His daughter waited on us the first night we were there. So friendly and kind, just like her father. Anyone planning to visit Kenmare please put Oceanblue on your "must do" list.

fermoy co cork
“Return visit to OceanBlue”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My previous visit To Ocean blue was a great success and this trip was equally successful. In my view the best fish and chips at a reasonable price available in Kenmare, the portion of chips cooked superbly (not overcooked or undercooked) the fish cooked to perfection, my one regret that I did not order soup to start with as the last time the soup was divine. I will definitely be back sooner rather than later.

UK
“Best Scampi and chips ever”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

we were in Kenmare on my honeymoon. The owner was very nice as well as the staff. We ordered the scampi and chips and it is absolutly fabulous. Cooked in rapeseed oil ( I think I am not a connaiseur so might be mistaken) the scampi was light and full of taste. The owner is passionate in good quality sea food. I would defenetly recommend Oceanblue. Try for your self.
I will defenetly be going back.

Cork, Ireland
“Amazing place for those who are a prawn lovers!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Met up with a friend in Kenmare, and I am so glad we called in for a lunch to this fish & chips restaurant.
The atmosphere was very nice in the restaurant, very good service, friendly staff, the portions were just perfect, not too much not too little, I had Fresh Prawn Scampi that came with a nice salad with seasoning and chips that were cooked in rapeseed oil. Yum!
Was happy to know that they do Take Away too.
Would recommend people to call in, and I am coming back there for sure!