“Basically a Fish and Chip Shop”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Oceanblue Seafood Bar - CLOSED

Oceanblue Seafood Bar
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Irish, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating
Ireland
“Basically a Fish and Chip Shop”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I wonder who has been writing the previous reviews. I was under the impression that this was a sea food restaurant which it kind of is but everything is with chips.so its more akin to a 'Chipper' than a seafood restaurant.
The chips were reheats they tasted stale. And to ad insult to injury the prices were not that cheap for what we got, small plate of mussels for starters (no slide salad nothing) scampi and chips (small portion) €24.
The place stinks of used (dirty) cooking oil. There does not appear to be any extraction in the kitchen which appear to be a domestic rather than a restaurant kitchen. The person who served us was quite rude to 2 members of our party. So all in all not a great experience I can still smell that horrible greasy smell..YUK !!

Whilst the fish was ok and what you would expect for a good Fish and Chip it really way down the pecking order when it comes to Restaurants in Kenmare. So if you are looking for a nice sea food restaurant in Kenmare DO NOT TRY this one. Packies, the Lime Tree, Tom Crean's , Davitts ....(to name but a few) are all way superior.

Kate

Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Awesome seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Really good seafood, fresh from the sea that day. The chef was very passionate about his food as could be seen when he came and spoke to us after we had eaten.

Visited March 2013
Florida
“very good seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I ate here last June -- as suggested by our B & B host. He had salmon which he said was delicious, and some wonderful side dish of fresh peas--- mildly blanched with hot water-- . I had excellent cod. It's not a huge place, and actually has a wine list. Nice quiet atmosphere with FRESH seafood---- The owner himself came to our table and answered questions and made suggestions We would certainly eat there again

• Visited June 2012
Cork, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

On a wkend break in Kenmare I discovered a winderful small seafood bar called oceanblue. The menu consisted mainly of locally caught fresh seafood. I had a starter of crab claws cooked in a creamy garlic white wine sauce and superb brown bread. I followed with the fresh lemon sole and chips. Truly delightful. Wonderful find in Kenmare.

Killarney, Ireland
“5 star quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Glad to see Ocean Blue has reopened after the winter break. Dined here with my boyfriend yesterday. I had fresh salmon and chips. The salmon was garnished with some fresh prawns and crispy salad leaves.. My boyfriend had fresh hake cooked in a tempura batter and chips. Quality of both dishes were first class.