“5 star quality”
Review of Oceanblue Seafood Bar - CLOSED

Oceanblue Seafood Bar
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Glad to see Ocean Blue has reopened after the winter break. Dined here with my boyfriend yesterday. I had fresh salmon and chips. The salmon was garnished with some fresh prawns and crispy salad leaves.. My boyfriend had fresh hake cooked in a tempura batter and chips. Quality of both dishes were first class.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

This must be the best small seafood bar that I've ever experienced. I had the real prawn scampi and chips. The prawns were very tasty served in a golden crispy batter and the cjhips were equaly golden and delicious. I couldn't believe the availability of an old fashioned banana boat with delicious icecream, bananas and chocolate sauce. Old fashioned and delightful. I am looking forward to another visit in the near future.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

A lovely restaurant with very fresh local produce. A good price too. Good service and meal was faultless. Go here!

1  Thank earmani j
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stopped in in Dec 2012 with my cousin for lunch. Reasonable priced lunch. Good sandwiches. Great waitress. Atmosphere cozy.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Chose to eat here on New Year's Eve because everywhere else recommended was fully booked! What a piece of luck, Good selection of white fish (cod, hake, seabass, plaice, salmon, etc.) and several prawn and mussel dishes which were offered with chips, mash or noodles (prawns with the latter). Desserts were something of a reminder of the past, including a scrumptious banana split.
Jim, as the proprietor couldn't have been more friendly and helpful (thank you for your kindness, sir).
We were also able to provide our own wine which Jim even chilled in the fridge whilst we awaited our meal.
If you like fish or just like to be well looked after, Oceanblue is well worth a visit.