“Kenmare in the kingdom, Lorge chocolatier its crown jewel”
Review of Lorge Chocolatier

Lorge Chocolatier
Ranked #1 of 17 Shopping in Kenmare
More attraction details
Owner description: Lorge chocolates are the first choice of many of Ireland's premier hotels and can be purchased in select fine food retailers nationwide.Visitors to the gourmet town of Kenmare can visit Benoit's traditional chocolate shop and see the hand-crafted delicacies take shape..
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kenmare in the kingdom, Lorge chocolatier its crown jewel”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The chocolates are as beautiful as they are exquisite! not to mention the care and attention to detail of the boxes. Mr Lorge is french and i believe mrs Lorge is spanish in my favourite in ireland. Clearly a winning combo!

Nampa, Idaho
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 195 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Treasure - highly recommended!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Lorge' Chocolatiers is one of our favorite stops between Kenmare and Glengariff. Our small tour company always include it in our Kerry experiences and our clients invariably love the wee shop, its friendly staff and delectable chocolates, jams, lemon curd (my fav), fudge and the world's best hot chocolate! We highly recommend a visit with taste buds in grand anticipation!

wicklow
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“2 day choclate course fantastic!!!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I just completed the 2 day choclate course and am absolutely thrilled with wat i have learned. Benoit lorge is an excellent teacher and a wonderful host i really loved it. I had a lovely weekend wit my fellow 'students' and i wish them great success in all their future ventures. I'll be recommending the course to fellow workers & the kids parties, hens etc that benoit lorge & his wonderful friendly wife run. Thanx again for a fab weekend x

Visited October 2012
Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Chocolate Making in Kenmare”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Spent a weekend making chocolates in Kenmare with Benoit Lorge. It was excellent. Benoit and his wife are extremely welcoming and are delighted to share their expertise with a willing group. Lorge chocolates are delicious. The shop is located in Bonane on the Glengariff road from Kenmare, in a most spectacularly scenic spot. It really is a hidden gem.

It is definitely worth a visit when in Kenmare or as I did, make it the focus of the trip.

Kenmare is a wonderful spot too, excellent food and great pubs.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Valerie R
Cincinnati, Ohio
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“If you like chocolate or know someone who does - go out of your way to get here!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stopped in on the way to the Bonane Heritage Park to see the stone circle (Bronze Age) and to drive to Slea Head to take pictures. This shop was such an unexpected and delightful surprise. I had the best hot chocolate I've ever tasted and my friend and I bought some delicious samples. I will be buying more to be sent home as soon as I can. Chocoloates were smooth and very high quality, with very interesting taste combinations. Delightful and delicious.

Visited September 2012