“Indian Food in Kenmare”

Cuisines: Indian
Watertown, CT
“Indian Food in Kenmare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Tucked away from the main streets but very accessible, this place prepares nice Indian food and was a pleasant find for us. I had lamb biryani, and my wife had the Tandoori chicken. Excellent breads too.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank WoofleDust

Sligo
“Strictly cash only policy ... No cash no food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

We heard about this Indian restaurant and was looking forward as a family to go to it, we were greeted with a smile from the waitress and were seated, upon looking at the menu i was struck to see a cash only poilcy , now come on now a days family's of four keeping large amounts of cash on their persons , I was told firstly the machine was broken but clearly the menu was old enought to see this was not the case , then i was told oh walk down the street to a cash machine , and you can come back , at the point we go up and walked leaving behind a sale of about €95 euros ......we went next door to the Chinese amazing and they take all types of Cash cards , if your carrying a lot of cash on you and want something to eat then this is the place to otherwise stay clear
Mmm a great job for the tax man

7 Thank Ballastsigns
Kenmare
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I always get my takeouts here...their menu is excellent and I'm obsessed with their korma...really is very good....perfect for a night in takeout or a nice atmospheric meal before town!

1 Thank 0435414
San Antonio
“Go anywhere else”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

We spent a week in Kenmare at a rental home with some friends and decided to try Taj Mahal for take out food. It was a very bad decision.
We got their take out menu and had each person select a dish and added some bread and appetizer items and I went to the restaurant and ordered the meal. I returned one half hour later and it was ready and I paid what I considered an above average price but was not concerned since we were looking forward to a unique Indian meal. Very bad decision.
We set the table and unpacked the dishes and it was obvious that we were in trouble. Every dish looked the same and equally bad. They dishes were as bad as they looked and all we cwasould say was we were served rubbish.
We returned the next day when they opened and we were told tough tooty (or something pretty close but not publishable)
Do not try this place it needs to go somewhere else. There are many alternates in Kenmare and you do not need to have this experience.

• Visited June 2012