Review Highlights
Must see

Stopped by to get a piece of Kenmare lace. The stores have lace made in Ireland but not actual lace... read more

Reviewed June 23, 2016
momof7pa
Pennsylvania
via mobile
Worth a visit if you are in Kenmare

A small but really nice exhibition with great staff. Kenmare is full of attractions, but do set... read more

Reviewed June 3, 2015
maryrosedouglas
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Kenmare
from $80.14
More Info
from $686.88
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Helpful staff and lots of information and exhibits. Lace center upstairs consists of one room, but you should visit.

2  Thank captcalculus
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Very helpful woman at the center provided us with the information we needed. Loved the little historical area as well. My husband had been looking to pick up a piece of artwork and we found a gallery--Brushwood galllery (from one of the prints hanging in the center) and ended up finding a piece we loved!

1  Thank Dede M
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Pleasant hospitable people were a good source of information to us about the Kenmare. The place stresses the regional characteristics and traditions. The tourist center gave us a lot of information.

1  Thank podrozniczka60
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I would like to highlight the week long Halloween experience we have had with our 3 & 5 year old boy & girl this week in Kenmare. Both the community and retailers/Pharmacy's/Publican's/Restauranteurs etc have totally excelled themselves in coming together to enbrace the Halloween festivities. In doing so they have made this Halloween week a really memorable one for my family and no doubt everyone who has taken part in any of the many activities that took part in Kenmare throughout the week. I don't write to often on Tripadvisor but thought it only right to call out al the efforts of the local community. Some of the activities that we got involved in were the Story Telling in the Library, Whiches gathering, Sea Safari, Halloween Games on the Green and of course the Halloween Parade and the trick or treating within the local village shops(This was a real novel one for us Jackeens), Spooky Orientieering in the Woods down by Kenmare Bay at Night & the local Halloween Disco to name a few activities. They really demonstrated just how close & together they are here and I will be returning again soon for some summer fun to Kenmare while also telling all my friends and family what a great place this is to visit. Well Done Kenmare and Thanks you for a splendid week of fun and entertainment.

Date of experience: October 2013
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Not only did I like the Centre but I fell in love with the town! Yes, it is what would be called a tourist town but I absolutely loved it as I liked the look...the storefronts are so Irish with their sign and their incredible flowers hanging from window boxes and anywhere else they can put a hanger! And the shops were so neat and I found the shopkeepers to be very friendly and helpful. Kenmare was only a stop on my way thru the Ring of Kerry but I would considering staying here. It was delightful and I was in no hurry to move on. Be sure to put this on your itinerary!

Date of experience: September 2013