“The Best Fish and Chips; Good Food”

Lansdowne Arms Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
Point Pleasant, New Jersey
“The Best Fish and Chips; Good Food”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

I didn't stay in the hotel, but I had to write a review about the food. I Had lunch in the bar after doing the Ring of Kerry. A local directed me here, and I am so thankful. I spent ten days in Ireland, and my sister-in-law and I agree that we had the best fish and chips here. My husband and his brother both ordered and loved the tart special. In fact, my husband almost ordered a second one because he enjoyed it so much.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
county cork
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed elsewhere in Kenmare but on our travels we called into the bar in the hotel for food and drink. I must say the service was excellent and the food just superb. The staff are local and very friendly. The menu was varied and very affordable, plenty to suit every taste. We will definitely visit The Bold Tady Quills bar in the Landsdowne Arms again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank maryCountyCork
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed here last weekend with a group of golfing friends. This is our second year at the Lansdowne Arms Hotel and to a man we all had a fantastic stay. The location is perfect, right in the town. The food and drink very reasonable and of a very high standard. The service provided by the staff is simply brilliant, nothing is too much trouble and their attention to detail really makes you feel special.
A big thank you to Ann, Breda, Margaret, Mary & Kieran for making our time in Kenmare so memorable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank semtex40
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed the night here while traveling through Ireland. The Hotel is conveniently located at the top of a hill and close to restaurants and downtown. Spotless and the rates are very reasonable (and no I don't work here). The rooms were well appointed and the bed comfortable. When we arrived it was raining and they had a fire going in the lobby area. The food was excellent and it's also a great place to have a pint. Wonderful staff - friendly, kind and knowledgeable.

On a side note - several days later I realized I left a piece of jewelry in the room which they later mailed back to me in the states. Wow, pretty amazing stuff!

Room Tip: get one facing street
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed here for one night. It is a lovely cost hotel at the top of Kenmare town. Rooms are small but very comfortable and clean. Tea making facilities in the room. Breakfast is cooked fresh from the kitchen with plenty of fresh fruit, yogurts and cereals availalble. The staff were very friendly and there is a nice bar in the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank BerOShea
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2013

One of the first places you encounter in Kenmare (if you come from the east) is this hotel. A nicely maintained facility, we enjoyed our spacious and comfortable room and had a very excellent breakfast the next day. Rooms do not have wi fi, although it is available in the lobby, so this was a little inconvenient. People were friendly. Good stay.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a "quiet room" away from the noise of the street. It...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I called into for some bar food whit a business associate of mine. We had nothing but despoilment from the get-go! A struggle to get a menu, a struggle to give in our order. Staff never check our table after we got our food, once we got our food we had a hard time in getting the staff’s attention for drinks and more. To finish the bar staff tried to overcharge me by €12,45. When I spotted the blatant over charge, I called a staff member and asked for an itemised bill, they struggled to make up the numbers by including silly charges of a bread basket for 1.50! When I got the revised bill it came without even an apology. This was back in 01/09/13 this year. Ask for an itemised bill and look it over carefully!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business