Foleys Guesthoues & Self-Catering Holiday Homes
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Casey's Hotel(Glengarriff)
Lake Hotel(Killarney)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe publive musicuntil midnighthenry stb bring of kerrygreat place to staymiddle of townnext morningspent one nightnight's sleepwould definitely stay here againhome from homestayed for nightsthe main streetcomfortable roomslovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Stayed here with my partner and would not stay again.
Food not great and local shopkeeper informed us that they cook in the backyard and the smell goes up into their house. No locals around here in comparison to pregos where we ate one night.
Rooms could do with a make over and a bit dated.
One nice man in the bar, but very little interaction with orher. I can not figure out how a kip like this could be number 3 in tripadviser so wrote in to make tourists beware of this place.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
patrick099, Owner at Foleys Guesthoues & Self-Catering Holiday Homes, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our guest house. I’m sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your stay. I would like to take this time to address your concerns.
The climate in Ireland isn’t conducive for outdoor cooking and we seat 90 in our dining pub which was the recipient of the 2005 Dining Pub of the Year in Ireland. Outdoor cooking wouldn’t be practical or prudent for a restaurant our size. We have modern indoor kitchens here at Foley’s and food safety is our upmost concern. All our beef, lamb are purchased from the local shopkeepers who also need to enjoy the fruits of our succesful restaurant to keep Kenmare the vibrant cosmopoltan that it is and all our freh fish and shellfish mussels oysters from Danny Mcarthy at star seafoods just outside the town so this way we can get top quailty supplies 7 day a week . Our food is prepared to highest standards which helped us earn the Dining Pub of the Year & the best Irish Inn . In reference to the food smell by any chance , there was a barbecue taking place at PF McCarthy’s on Main Street, whose back yard/beer garden abuts our property. This was a charity event taking place for a local child who is quite ill and they were raising monies to defray medical costs.
I’m am wondering if you stayed at our guesthouse or may be you stayed elsewhere in town and confused us with someone else . At Foleys all our rooms were updated as early as Fed 2009 and we have a 3 *** 67 point classification by the Irish Tourist Board, it is the highest of any guesthouse in Kenmare town. Foley’s is a landmark on Henry Street trading close to 45 years and we take pride in our award winning dining, accommodations and quality entertainment and work very hard to maintain and update it ,We dont take our success for granted for one minute of the day and are always available to answer negitive or unjust comments
Thank you for your review and if you have any questions, I would like to discuss them personally with you, so feel free to call me

Reviewed July 5, 2010

Foley's is right in the center of this adorable town and an excellent location from which to explore Killarney National Park. Reception was very friendly, breakfast was good, and our room was very clean. The bed was piled with duvets and had a nice big window, so we were pretty happy with it. We could walk everywhere in town (there are plenty of nice restaurants, pubs, and stores nearby). My only caution would be the noise level in the general area (not just this hotel). We were there on a Saturday, and there were hen/stag parties everywhere. It was great fun, but if you're looking for a quiet place to stay on a Saturday, this isn't it. It gets loud at night. If you're going to the national park, definitely stay in Kenmare. Killarney is a hotel factory.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2010

I am so glad I came across Foley's, located right in the heart of Kenmare.

The entire staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. I ended up staying four nights even though I only planned on staying one! The food is excellent and the room had a great view of the town. I felt right at home.

I will definitely stay at Foley's again on my next trip to Kenmare!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 30, 2010

This was our third stay at Foley's over the past six years. Foley's is charming, clean, convenient and serves great food. We never go anywhere else for entertainment either. Dan O'Sullivan or Pat Kelleher are excellent Irish singers and will make you feel special no matter what part of the world you are from! Our daughters - ages 18, 21 and 24 - stayed for the entire evening of sing-along music. It ranked as one of our best nights in Ireland. Your room overlooks the quaint storefronts of Henry St. You might hear the pub crawlers as they head home at closing time but, hey, that's part of the Irish experience, too. Pat Foley will take good care of you!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2010

We had a wonderful 3 nights in Kenmare staying in Pat's property.

The home was comfortable with new modern furniture, very comfortable beds, soft towels, quality bed linen, plenty of hot water for the five of us, well equiped kitchen.

The house was spotlessly clean which is a high priority with me. Pat was welcoming and very helpful with travel plans. We can highly recommend Pat's homes.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family