“Great hotel, great location”

Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
Dublin
“Great hotel, great location”
Reviewed June 25, 2008

Just returned from a 2 night family stay at the Kenmare Bay Hotel. Room very comfortable and quiet. We all enjoyed the leisure centre and spa facilities – and the kids club was an added bonus. Nice to be walking distance from the local town, rather than right in the middle of it.

• Liked — Leisure centre & spa! And the location
  • Disliked — Nothing really
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank austy49

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
dublin
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Myself and my husband have just come back a lovely stay at the Kenmare Bay Hotel. As it was my 30th birthday, he had booked it as a surprise for me and invited our friends too. We all stayed in the new holiday homes, which i must say were absolutely gorgeous! They were kitted out with everything you would expect and need, spotlessly clean and looked like something out of an interior design magazine.

As is was our first visit to Kerry we seeked advice from the reception staff in the main hotel as to what to do, places to eat etc. I found them really friendly, and one receptionist in particular, Sandra, was so helpful and efficient in booking tours for us and recommending and booking a lovely restaurant in Kenmare Town for my birthday dinner. She was spot on in her choice too!

I cannot comment on the restaurant in the Hotel as we did not use it. The leisure facilities were great though, modern, clean, not to over-crowded - a good addition to the hotel. The bar too was nice, friendly staff and great outdoor space - if you get the weather! Location wise, it is not the closest hotel to Kenmare town, but really only a short stroll, which did not bother us. All in all, I would definatley go back again.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wasi-doo
Co Kerry
Reviewed June 24, 2008

I took my mother away for a quiet weekend to the Kenmare Bay Hotel for two nights. We booked one of their luxury lodges and we were really impressed with the standard. We could not fault them on anything. They were super clean, comfy and luxurious. My mother is a stickler for cleanliness and they lived up to her standards!! We also were able to avail of the hotel's spa facilities which are fantastic and relaxed mid eve in the jacuzzi etc.
I would reccomend anyone to go and stay for a couple of nights and feel total relaxation at the end of your stay.
I would rate them 5 star because you had everything in the house, it was home away from home, without the hassle of cleaning!!

• Liked — The facilities and how clean it was.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Tiquella
Dundalk, Ireland
Reviewed June 23, 2008

We were given a voucher for a stay at the Kenmare Bay Hotel for our wedding anniversary. The rooms were lovely, warm and cosy on a rainy weekend. The staff were very friendly and helpful and made the stay really relaxing and enjoyable. Breakfast was tasty and the brown soda bread very good. We also ate in the Bar and found it delicious and good value. Room for people with disabilities really nice and good accessibility. Bit more difficult to access the Bar but were assured that this is being addressed (would be fine for manual chair users but not great for powered chair as small step just too high for comfort). All in all 10 out of 10 for staff and 8 out of 10 for accessibility. Thanks

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — Difficulty in accessing the bar (see review)
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GrannyZooper
Georgia
Reviewed June 11, 2008

We sayed at this hotel on our vacation last year. We booked and prepaid through hotels.com for what we thought was a room in the new section of the hotel. When we arrived, there were 3 tour buses in the front parking lot. We were given a very dingy, but passably clean, room in the older section of the hotel. When we complained (very nicely )about the room, we were informed that there were no other rooms available, nor would a price adjustment be given. The real kicker came when I was informed my room had no internet access, which I desperately needed to participate in an online course I was taking. My internet access for our assigned room was a coin operated internet access pc in an upstairs lounge - I kid you not! I spent 4 Euros for about 8 minutes of access. It was ridiculous.

We were actually asked to come later for breakfast the next day, so they could get the tour groups served. (We went ahead of the tour groups and witnessed the ensuing chaos as they tried to feed 160 people at one time.)

Upon check-out, we were presented with a bill, which amounted to $75 less than what we prepaid through hotels.com. When I returned stateside, I contacted hotels.com and received no price adjustment at all. Tough.

The new part of the hotel was lovely. If you do wish to risk it, I would book with the hotel directly - not hotels.com - and have back-up accommodations ready in case your room isn't quite what you envision.

Stayed June 2007
7 Thank thkent
cork
Reviewed June 5, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Kenmare Bay Hotel at Easter this year. We were extremely disappointed with nearly all aspects of the hotel.
On arrival we were met by unfriendly receptionists. A bottle of wine was supposed to be waiting for us in our room, which was not. We eventually received it the following night at dinner when we pointed out we had not yet received it.
The room was very dusty, the heating did not work properly, some of the towels and pillow cases were frayed and the bathroom was extremely dusty.
Breakfast was extremely disorganised with people queueing out the door to be seated.
The leisure centre was good and staff friendly. This was the only good aspect of our stay.
On checking out of the hotel, we informed the receptionist of our complaints. She was not concerned and proceeded to take a phone call. We left a comment card with them, with all our complaints and the hotel has still not contacted us despite us emailing them.

• Liked — swimming pool
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
6 Thank sooty77
waterford
Reviewed June 3, 2008

just returned from a stay in the Kenmare Bay Hotel, a gruop of us stayed in the holiday lodges. The Houses are beautiful, lay-out is very good and fully fitted with everything you need. We had breakfast one morning and there was a good choice, we did not eat in the Restaurant for dinner but had bar food and the food was very good. I was delighted we could use the leisure centre for free. The weather was really good so it was a lovely short walk from the town. I will come back as it was very good value for money

• Liked — the lodges
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank johnwaterford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmare
Sheen Falls Lodge
#6 of 6 in Kenmare
Lake Hotel
Lake Hotel
#10 of 38 in Killarney

Been to Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!