“Cracking little B&B”

Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Kenmare
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at this quaint little B&B. The room was tidy and a nice size. The shower was fantastic! Easily the best shower I've had since we arrived in Ireland. The hosts were very friendly and informative. The food was very homely and exceptionally delicious. I'd recommend this to any traveller on a budget.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

A good generous breakfast with excellent coffee and plenty of bread and toast, and what bread!
Baguettes made on the premises must be the best I have ever had either in or out of France. The selection of patisserie is mouthwatering.Service is friendly and the prices very reasonable - we loved it. You can also buy the bread and cakes to take away.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Living locally, I've never stayed at the Rose Garden, but myself, family and friends are regulars at the small restaurant, as you couldn't find a better combination of food quality and value for money in all of South Kerry.

Whether you're after a huge full Irish or a Continental breakfast including the tastiest pastries, freshly made daily by host and pastry chef Jerome, this is the place to go. Whether you'd like brunch or lunch, chosing from the mouth-watering menu or the daily specials board, this is a great place to be. You can call in between 9am and 6pm every day, except Mondays, and no matter what takes your fancy at that time, you're almost guaranteed to find it here. Your host Vladimira will look after you with greatest care, without hovering.

Last week, I had the great pleasure to have been invited to a private function at the Rose Garden. Jerome and Vladimira served up a three course meal that each and every one of us lucky guests were impressed with and delighted by. We gave a spontaneous round of applause when the main courses were served, such was the presentation of the food. I can honestly say that this was one of the best meals I had at a restaurant, ever. An added bonus that night was the relaxed atmosphere and brilliant service.

When next in Kenmare, I urge you to look in at the Rose Garden and give it a try. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Good B&B with exceptional French pastries all day long!! Hosts were very friendly and accommodating always enquiring after our day's outing. Breakfast food was excellent with typical French flair. Room was clean, tidy and comfortable. Hosts surprised us by drying some of our clothes while we were our one day - very thoughtful given the cool weather. Location is great for a quick drive into Kenmare and a short walk for local evening restaurants. Beware - cash only. Had a great time.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Rose Garden will change your view on "rip off Ireland". Lovely food, generous helpings, nice hard-working hosts bringing a French flair to Kenmare. Bravo!