“Fabulous”
Review of Sheen Falls Lodge

Sheen Falls Lodge
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Myself and my husband recently stayed here for our honeymoon. It was everything we expected and more. Staff and service was flawless. The food in bar and restaurant was so good, Irish and local where possible. It was so delicious, you would travel for the food alone and the wine list simply amazing. We had a junior suite which offered such comfort, space and a sense of luxury. We both loved the sense of irishness in the hotel, the pottery, craft displays, Irish products in spa and bedrooms, it is this commitment that made the hotel special and different to other Irish hotels. It is unique. Overall we loved it, everything and we are very much looking forward to going back!

1  Thank clavin72
Patrick H, General Manager at Sheen Falls Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Calvin72,

Once again congratulations on your recent marriage - we are very grateful that you choose SFL as part of your Honeymoon & very pleased that you had such a great time with us. We have certainly taken on many Irish designers, Artists & use as many locally based as possible such as Christine Bowen who has created our very large mural. Voya is a wonderful product from a great company based just up the west coast in Sligo.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Kenmare in the near future

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Just back from Sheen Falls with my husband and two kids (11 & 13), despite the rainy weather we had a lovely break. The hotel was very welcoming, we had a Suite (because the hotel had no family rooms available). Our room was amazing, large main bedroom and same size living room where they had put two beds for the kids. There was a great feeling of space and all the beds were extremely comfortable. The breakfast was great and there was no feeling of panic or rush when you turn up 5/10 mins before the last breakfast was to be served! We played tennis on their all weather court and we used the swimming pool twice, the pool wasn't too big, (you wouldn't be doing lengths!) but enjoyable for a dip. Everywhere was very clean and there was huge welcoming fire lit in the reception area. All in all a very nice quiet weekend. (ate in Kenmare in No. 35 and Charcoal), both to be recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JackieMMdub

Dear JackieMMDub,

Really grateful that you have taken the time to post a review of your recent stay - I am delighted that you all enjoyed the visit and all the activities we have on offer - next time you can try the fishing and catch your dinner - we will do the cooking of course!

Look forward to your next trip

Warmest Regards

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

I have just stayed one night here with my husband and 2 children. Ideally it's a couples break hotel, very romantic and beautiful spa but my family thoroughly enjoyed it and we were very well catered for.
I booked the room directly through the hotel and Mary was fantastic responding so quickly to all my questions and queries via email.
Upon arriving at hotel, we had such a lovely greeting and our receptionist took us to our room. Mary advised me to book a junior suite for my family. We were blown away when we entered the room. I don't even know where to start, the view of the falls was out of this world. The suite itself was beautiful with the biggest bed I've ever seen, the bathroom amazing with gorgeous voya toiletries. There was a nespresso machine and also bottles of still and sparkling water and a fruit bowl with a huge cookie and my children's names were drawn on the cookie with chocolate! I have to say that was the highlight for my 4 year old!
I haven't even checked out of the hotel but could not wait to write this review. It's so beautiful here, the only thing is you will not want to leave the room!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Michelle M

Dear Michelle M,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit - especially your daughter - those cookies are very tempting! Mary advised you well and I am very pleased to note that the room was too your liking. We are very proud to use Voya an Irish family run company based in Sligo - whose 100% organic seaweed product is truly wonderful. I look forward to welcoming you back to SFL in the near future.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I have just had the great pleasure to return to Sheen Falls Lodge with my wife for five days . The property and the grounds were looking splendid and the friendliness of the staff made our stay a very enjoyable one.
Our room overlooked the falls and the burbling sounds added a tranquillity to the sleeping experience.
i would recommend a walk along the banks of the river above the falls , the river was flowing strongly when I was there and the sounds and views were splendid.
For the ladies the seaweed treatment is highly recommended as is the massage .

Room Tip: A room with either a view over the falls or Kenmare Bay would be my preference.
1  Thank Noel R
Patrick H, General Manager at Sheen Falls Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Noel R,

Thank you for your really great review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed everything and particularly the main feature Sheen Falls - I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

It's nice but not 5 star quality. Decor needs total refreshing , very quiet ( don't laugh out loud) and is too far form lovely kenmare village. We stayed in a suite which had an extra awkward room that wasn't really usable. Staff were nice enough, but it really needs a total re vamp to live us to relais and chateau brand and/ or it's self stated 5 stars.

Room Tip: Ask if it has been decorated since he 70's!

Dear Kerry K,

Thank you for your time in reviewing your recent visit. I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations, I hope you enjoyed the remainder of your visit to Ireland. Shame that during your stay you didn't mention anything to me I did welcome you both and took you your room that evening and would have been delighted to show you an alternative.

Should you wish to please do email me further

Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is a superb place in which to stay. The sprawling building is not particularly attractive externally but is in a great location beside the Sheen Falls, there are lots of places within the grounds where one can walk - in woods and by the river - and pleasant walks on quiet nearby roads Inside the building is very comfortable: many pleasant places to sit, a couple of big log fires. The staff are plentiful, polite and helpful. Our bedroom was very big, pleasantly decorated, quiet and, again, very comfortable.

Eating is a different matter. Apart from breakfast I'd avoid the restaurant: although the food is tasty and well presented both food and drink is ridiculously expensive. Some of the dinner portions are almost unbelievably small, the chef seems to feel that small portions are synonymous with high quality - our smoked salmon starter gave us a piece of hot-smoked salmon smaller than my little finger for €17! Wine prices are very high, one South African wine we drank was priced at four times what I can pay in my local supermarket!

Room Tip: Our 207 overlooks the falls
1  Thank diandjj

Dear Diandjj,

Thank you for deciding to stay with us here at Sheen Falls Lodge its always nice to get such a lovely review too! Overall It sounds like you had a great time but it seems that our portions were not to your liking - we are always able to adapt to a persons preferences I have many clients for whom we have specific requests which we are always happy to make happen. Please do email me directly for your next opportunity to get away and we can create the perfect stay.

I look forward to hearing from you

Reviewed April 26, 2014

My wife and I spent the night at Sheen Falls lodge on our way to the Kerry and Dingle Peninsulas. We arrived in a driving rainstorm and the staff was very helpful in aiding us in bringing in our bags and welcoming us. The room we were given was tremendous (room 202) which was it above the falls and had a nice little porch. The clientele was a little high-brow for our tastes, but overall we can't say enough good things about the Lodge.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jim C

Dear Jim C,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your very nice comments - I am really happy that you had such an amazing time with us and you enjoyed your falls view room. I am sure you had a great time in Dingle, our house Gin & Vodka is from that beautiful peninsula. Hopefully we can welcome you back to "The Kingdom" again in the near future.

phanley@sheenfallslodge.ie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmare
Brook Lane Hotel
Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
#14 of 38 in Killarney
14 mi away
Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa

Been to Sheen Falls Lodge? Share your experiences!