“Very enjoyable equine experience”
Review of Blackwater Stables

Blackwater Stables
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Our horse stables are A.I.R.E approved for pleasure rides through the scenic Kenmare - Blackwater area on the ring of Kerry and we have Horses & ponies to suit all. At Blackwater Stables we also offer a wide variety of equine activities, from Trekking and horse riding to lessons With a choice from a pony ride up to two hours riding around the scenic Blackwater area it is an ideal area for any beginner to advanced rider. Whether you have not been in the saddle for years or never have. All gear and training will be provided with no additional cost. Blackwater stables are run to the highest safety standards, with all riders being provided with helmets at all times. All groups are accompanied by a qualified instructor(s) with years of experience and always more than happy to answer any questions you might have along the way. The horses and ponies chosen for the treks are carefully chosen for their quiet temperament and are more that qualified with most having more that three years with us.
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The owner was very pleasant and obliging. The premises are well organised and clean. They catered for a wide range of abilities and ages. The price was reasonable

4  Thank DOB_Dublin
There are newer reviews for Blackwater Stables

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Best holiday expierence my 3 children my wife and I have had in kenmare. We had a nice 1 hour stroll and all enjoyed it.Horsers are well cared for and well turned out as well as great temperment .family who run the stables are nice,helpfull, and informiate price is good to.woluld highly recomend and will revisit some time in the future.

4  Thank liam d
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Anna's ridden internationally. She's really friendly and the horse I rode was her ex-dressage horse who, apart from being beautiful, was the best trained horse I've ever ridden.
And Anna's mum insisted on getting the sun lounger out for my husband!

5  Thank 590amyb
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Visited with my two kids aged 10 & 8 for the 1 hour trek. We all had a great time. Staff very friendly, horses well looked after & price resonable, would recommend

4  Thank Derek C
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My daughter and I had a great time. Anna was really lovely with us and the horses are well trained and kept.

5  Thank Benoit D