“Pancakealicious”

The Strawberryfield Pancake Cottage
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Kenmare
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Our Pancake Cottage is beautifully located up in the mountains on the Moll's Gap to Sneem road, between the Ballaghbeama Gap and the Gap of Dunloe. When travelling from Killarney town, take the road through the Killarney National park and at Moll's Gap you take the road to Sneem (R568). We have a good selection of sweet and savory pancakes, homemade soup, apple-pie and scones. A little playground and a lovely gift/craft-shop.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The pancakes whether sweet or savoury are just mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, If the weather is fine there is a beautiful garden/play area but if inclement weather a cosy atmosphere is created inside. There are also many items for sale that have been made by the owner, who is a blacksmith.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

LOVELY. pancakes v good i had a strawberry and maple syrup one, it was delicious. I loved the strawberries and it was a reasonable price with a wide range of pancakes on the menu and you can ask for a scoop of ice-cream. p.s (my brother and sister agree)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

About 10/15 mins drive outside Kenmare was this gem of a restaurant... the drive is a beautiful one and worth doing to go nowhere just for the scenery by the way.

The Pancake Cottage is quirky and full of really fun, colourful, and artistic touches. The day was a stunning one so I got to enjoy sitting outside and looking over the sprawling mountains in the sun which added to the experience.

The waitress was friendly and the service was quick. The pancake was delicious and really reasonable (about €7) for the size of it.

Definitely worth visiting and I'd definitely come back to it on my next trip to Kenmare.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Everytime when we stay in Killarney we come to the Pancake Cottage. It`s a really lovely, quiet place. The pancakes are yummie.
Come back in August!!!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I found this place online whilst looking for places to visit on our trip to Kenmare. I couldn't wait to visit this quirky cottage...the website is very inviting! We were not disappointed. From the décor to the pancakes everything was superb. The menu has something to suit every budget and taste. We had the strawberry, pineapple and maple syrup and our 9 year old son had the chocolate sauce/chip (naturally!), they were delicious. The waitress was so friendly and chatty and the view of the mountains was stunning. Lovely comfortable indoor and outdoor seating, great gift shop (my Strawberry field trivet is sitting proudly on my counter) and facilities...parking, play area etc. I just can't recommend this place enough.