White Heather Farmhouse
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Casey's Hotel(Glengarriff)
View Hotel
Gougane Barra Hotel(Gougane Barra)
  • Restaurant
Seaview House Hotel(Ballylickey)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb bring of kerryher husbandkenmare towngrandmotherhostbnbcowsirelandsuggestionslounge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Very Comfortable, very clean. Plenty of good quality towels in bathroom. Great hostess-very friendly and helpful. Breakfast great, Sheila's homemade brown bread was absolutely delicious. Great value for money. Can highly recommend it

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Fergus G
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My sisters & I stayed here after a long day of driving the Ring of Kerry. We booked prior to leaving the US, but due to the lateness in the day, we called to let Sheila know that we would be late (8pm or so) arriving. She told us not worry and to enjoy the rest of our day. It is perfectly located out of Kenmare for a drive east towards Bantry. We had a large spacious room which was comfortable and quiet. Our breakfasts were delicious--the eggs from her own hens! The setting is quite beautiful!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christi M
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This B&B is the perfect example of family oriented! This was my first time to Ireland and this B&B was absolutely amazing! The views of the mountains are tremendous and breath taking! The B&B is just outside of the city of Kenmare. If you like the country and very good hospitality, then this is where you will want to stay! Sheila is a wonderful host and I was glad to have the pleasure of meeting her!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here on our trip Ireland. We loved the rural setting- my daughter went for long rambles during the twilight. It was a perfect location for exploring the wonders around Kenmare with a very congenial hostess.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Heather M
Reviewed July 13, 2012

White Heather Farm enjoys an enviable position in the beautiful green countryside between Kenmare in County Kerry and Glengariff in County Cork - the perfect base for exploring this fabulous corner of the Emerald Isle, steeped as the region is in both history and pre-history...for only a short walk down the road is the new heritage centre at Bonane, with its stone circle and hill-fort and in the opposite direction is Kenmare itself. All around you is a very real sense of culture, of connection with the land itself.

And welcoming me on arrival with a nice cup of coffee was Sheila Lovett, an excellent hostess, kind and friendly and an expert at providing lovely breakfasts (which will more than prepare you for any serious exploring you might be looking forward to). My room, the bed and indeed all the facilities were spot on. The surrounding country is incredible; the variety of flora and fauna almost overwhelming. A magical place.

The only thing I didn't like was leaving. I can't wait to go again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo