“Idyllic”
other travelers have booked this property
the cottage
sunset from the patio christmas in the Cottage
Check Availability
christmas in the Cottage
dining area
kitchen
double bedroom
view from behind the cottage
rear view of cottage
Meet Mutt the pet sheep
good morning
main reception area
the cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Maurice C
“Idyllic”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We had a wonderful few days in this cottage, it is such a peaceful, secluded place and full of character and the views are spectacular. The cottage is well equipped and comfortable. We will be back.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Darin S
Madison Heights, Virginia
“Perfection”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

Mag and Eugene are the perfect hosts--available, friendly and non-obtrusive. Their cottage is incredibly cozy and inviting, having everything we needed for an outstanding week-long visit.

Central of Beara, Iveraugh, Sheep's Head and Mizen Head peninsulas, Lauragh is a quiet place, away from the bustle of Kilarney or Kenmare but close enough for easy access. It is peaceful and quiet with the occasional sheep wandering through.

We couldn't have asked for a finer location or a nicer couple to provide it to us. I will add a note of special thanks to Mag, who answered so many of my questions about the south of Ireland that I felt like I knew her long before we ever met. She was beyond wonderful. So many thanks for making our last week in Ireland so very memorable, Eugene and Mag!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Comfy and cozy
Liked least: Midges!
Traveling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
merwood20...
Vancouver, Canada
“Idyllic, pastoral”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

This was my first time in Ireland but my husband's long-overdue return to his native land. The 'Traditional cosy stone cottage' - which is exactly what it says it is- was perfect for both of us. We invited friends to visit us while we were there, and ended up having three sets of guests for a few days each. This was just fine with the owners, Mag and Eugene, who were very accommodating and attentive without being the least bit intrusive. My only suggestion for improvement would be less lumpy mattresses and re-stuffed sofa and chairs - things we didn't even notice after the first day.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner

Reviewed October 28, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

va
Reviewed October 3, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing