“Great service, good food and rich history”

Tom Crean Fish & Wine & Accommodation
Ranked #8 of 56 Restaurants in Kenmare
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland.
“Great service, good food and rich history”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The staff were very helpful and friendly and the service was excellent. The Tom Crean story is remarkable and it is great to see the recognition he widely receives today. The food was very good, however I foolishly didn't order fish for my main course. I recommend asking for a table in the main dining room. It was a busy night and we were given a table in a small annex, which only had 2 tables so lacked a bit of atmosphere. With a better table I would have given a 5 rating.

• Visited October 2013

• Polish first
Montreal, Canada
“great fish”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

we were luck to get a table, it felt like both a local place as well as a top rate restaurant. The fish was perfectly cooked, and it was interesting learning about Tom Crean

Visited September 2013
belfast
“So good went twice”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Revisited this place and was not disappointed. Whole grilled lemon sole was the best fish i'd eaten in years. Oysters florentine is special and a chocolate fondant that is immediate Insulin shock. Loved it And I'll be back.....

Visited September 2013
1 Thank stevesterBelfast
Cork
“Best in Kenmare!!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have visited Tom Creans twice & on both occasions I was blown away by the quality of the food & the service. The restaurant has two rooms, one which can be booked for private parties. Our group was 30 girls on a hen.The restaurant organised a fabulous set menu for us & personalised the menu for the hen!! The service was excellent, the bride to be & two birthday girl's desserts were personalised with a chocolate message & a male waiter brought out the bride's dessert singing 'Girls just a wanna have fun'. He also sang a few more songs at the end of the meal, this was a lovely touch!

I would recommend anybody visiting Kenmare to spend an evening in Tom Creans & I'm already looking forward to my next trip to Kenmare! :)

• Visited September 2013
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“Fine meal on my birthday”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Visited Tom Creans to celebrate my birthday. Together with my wife, sister and brother in law.

There are two dining rooms. They are both tastefully decorated in a period fashion. With many pictures depicting the life of the famous Tom Crean.

Excellent service. Fantastic fish soups, fish meals and starters. Good table linen.

Nice touch was the chef proprietor coming out to chat with us, and providing a complimentary licquiers.

• Visited August 2013