“Old world charm”

Cupan Tae
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Nice for a quick cup of tea and some lovely home made cakes and pasteries , on the few occasions ive been in here with the kids i had to tie my youngest to the chair lol. Theres a lot of china and delf around on window display so mind the younger children in here . Nice place for couples or older clientele

Cupantae, Owner at Cupan Tae, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

thank you for your review we hope to see ye again

There are newer reviews for Cupan Tae

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very friendly staff in the little place. We didn't sit at the tables out on Henry Street, as it was too windy But they had a sheltered back patio that we sat on during 2 different days. I especially like the "stormy weather" tea on one misty windy day. It was worth the climb back up to the top of Henry Street to have tea there.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was in Kenmare in September 2012. Had lunch at Cupan Tae. LOVED everything about the place---charming surroundings, excellent teas, friendly service, and Mary is delightful... (good bathroom too!). I made one mistake...I only had room for ONE dessert! I recommend you not miss this little gem in Kenmare. Enjoy!

Cupantae, Owner at Cupan Tae, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

we hope to see you again thank you

Reviewed January 23, 2013

What a quaint and welcoming place to enjoy a lazy lunch. We stumbled upon this great, little place and it was a highlight of our time in Kenmare. The proprietress was was so friendly and helpful.

Cupantae, Owner at Cupan Tae, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

thanks for taking the time to write this review perhaps we will see you again

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Wow... I loved this tea house! everything from the china tea cups and plates to funny poem in the bathroom! This was one of my favorite parts of Kenmare we really enjoyed our afternoon tea here. And i have never in my life seen so much food for 2 people for tea it was amazing we got a doggy bag! And to boot everything tasted amazing! no wonder you can see the baker working in the back making all the lovely treats you eat! Definately worth the visit! I should have bought a tea pot there! I am kicking myself now!

Cupantae, Owner at Cupan Tae, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

thanks for taking the time to write a review glad you liked us