“Congratulations you are all doing a great job !!”

Casey's Bar &Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 56 Restaurants in Kenmare
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Congratulations you are all doing a great job !!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

On my recent visit to Kenmare I spotted the Brook Lane (Boutique) Hotel - the outside was freshly painted and the gardens were immaculate - I decided If such work was put into the overall upkeep of a premises the food has to be good - I was not disappointed. (The first meal was lunch - I say first because I made many visits over the next few days for Breakfast, lunch and dinner all of which were well prepared with fresh produce and of a very high standard. The staff were lovely especially Una, who even charged up a net book for the children. I couldn't rate this Restaurant Highly enough, On some evenings there is music - traditional or a piano player (not intrusive though just nice) So many times people go on trip advisor to complain - I just want to Congratulate all the staff in Casey's Bar and Bistro you are all doing a fantastic job !!!! I would recommend booking if you don't want to wait for a table !! Next time I'm going to stay in Brook Lane it just looks amazing :)

• Visited August 2013

“Service - second to none. Could not recommend it highly enough.”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Five of us were down from the North for a weeks holiday in Kenmare and we ate there for four evenings after a disappointing meal in the town. Food was delicious and locally produced, service was great and the waitresses paid extra attention to the two little kids. Even on Saturday night when there were large bookings - we were not left to wait. Highly recommended.

Traveller
“Best restaurant in Kenmare”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We (four of us) tried Casey's on the recommendation of our daughter during this year's annual week in Kenmare. My daughter with her husband and three children dined there the previous night and raved about it. I thought that she was exaggerating but I was wrong.
A little tired of deep fried fish, steak and chips (French fries) Casey’s menu was refreshing. Being Irish I can vouch that it is real Irish food. Great food, great staff, relaxed atmosphere all locally sourced food as shown on the board at the front door. Casey’s is great value for money. Casey’s will be on our list when next in Kenmare. It is just a pity that all the local restaurants don’t follow Casey’s example.
If it had an upgraded rest room it would pass as a five star hotel. Don’t leave Kenmare without trying it ;)

Killarney, Ireland
“Terrible food and service”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Visited for a lunch for four and was very disappointed with service and meal in general. Firstly all main courses weren't served together, Ordered sweet chilli chicken wrap, fries and salad and received this 5 minutes after the rest of my family. The chicken wrap was bland and didn't contain any chilli sauce and the meal was missing the salad. The two lunches were only given one small portion of veg. When I asked for more they were told to share. The staff failed to apologise for the delay and food mishap. Overall really disappointing and will not return.

2 Thank Cat K
Dublin
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Like many of the other reviewers we popped in here on our way back from a very long day at the beach just hoping to get something to fill us before we returned to our holiday home. We were very pleasantly surprised both with the menu the quality of the food and value for money. Our waitress Beirne was so helpful and attentive adding to our overall enjoyment of the meal. (My daughter really liked the brown bread so Bernie insisted on us taking some home for her breakfast )

• Visited July 2013