“The perfect spot for a fine meal”

Casey's Bar &Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 56 Restaurants in Kenmare
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I went to Casey's Bar and Bistro in the Brooke Lane Hotel for lunch several times during my two week visit to Kenmare. You cannot go wrong with the daily specials - I always had some to take home for a late night snack. A bowl of soup and brown bread make a meal, and the soups are top notch. If you want a wonderful burger with all the fixins' you will find it here. I also had the fish cakes, goats cheese panini and pate appetizer. The staff is friendly and courteous. When you have the time to have a leisurely conversation over fabulous food this is the place to go.

1  Thank Libby1121

Reviewed November 8, 2011

I have to agree with all the other excellent reviews. We dined as a family of 4 last week during the mid term break and have to say the food was absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to return next year to try it again.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

We ate here on 2 occasions during our stay in Kenmare. Food is beautiful, fresh and reasonably priced. Lovely for lunch and or dinner. Will defnitely return.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

We arrived in Kenmare late in the evening and our B&B host suggested Casey's since it was close by and very good. (and he suggested we hurry because we were so late). We arrived expecting to eat from the bar menu which we were fine with. We ordered with the bartender and a few minutes later, the manager came over to make sure that is what we really wanted - we could order off the full menu if we would rather. We did and it was excellent. I had a wonderful steak that was cooked just like I like with excellent sides. The others in the group had seafood which they also very much enjoyed. The manager also suggested an Irish beer other than Guinness which was a relief since we just couldn't quite enjoy that one. I think it's called Smithwicks. We very much appreciated his suggestion as it gave us a better option for the rest of our trip.
the music was a little loud, but it was getting pretty late and the crowd was more the pub crowd at that point. It wasn't so loud we couldn't have a conversation.
Overall we had excellent food and very good, accomodating service.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

We went here because we we were led to believe that it was run by the same people as 35; I find that hard to believe. I should say that the food itself was okay but the service was awful. Aggressive waiter, food practically thrown at us, placed on top of cuttlery. Cuttlery all over the place. If you charge €20 for a main is it too much to ask for it to be served properly. Music that was so loud we had to shout at each other, children left run wild at 9pm. This is pub that beefs up its income by serving food.

2  Thank irishbcn