“fantastic food”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Madison, Wisconsin
“fantastic food”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was one of my favorite restaurants during our trip to Ireland. I didn't want to go here at first but my husband insisted and I am so glad we did. They had amazing seafood, delicious mussels and scallops, but my favorite was the sea trout with tiger prawns. It was jaw droppingly good, the kind of meal you have to stop and savor for a moment after each bite. I would definitely recommend this to couples who want a luxurious meal with some romance and a rich ambiance.

• Visited June 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Great Grub !”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stopped into this Bar/Restaurant about 3 years ago to meet a friend who was staying in Kenmare at the time. I vaguely remember the food being lovely, as I again passed through Kenmare 2 weeks ago with my partner. I decided to try it again for some food, on my way to Sneem. I wasn't disappointed, as the atmosphere was lovely and comfortable, and my homemade burger and fries, and my partners Salmon were delicious, so much that my partner said she hadn't tasted salmon as good in a while. A defo if in Kenmare.

Listowel, Ireland
“Class - Consistently So!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We have eaten at this quaint, characteristically old-world restaurant on many occasions over the years and we have never found it anything but consistent in terms of food, value, service and satisfaction! Service is always smart and sharp, food is always cooked to perfection, atmosphere is intimate, warm and comfortable, the icing on the cake being the uniquely simple expression, unsophisticated charm and pleasure of it's old-style environs. Reservation is advised and a visit is a must!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Adequate food not worth waiting an hour for”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I had read excellent reviews on multiple sites,. so was looking forward to this meal. We arrived at 6:35 and were seated immediately. Didn't order drinks because we were going out for a pint and to listen to music later. Didn't order starters because it's too much food for us.

At that hour, they were already out of 2 mains--and the menu is small. One is what DH wanted, but that's life. We ordered a burger for DH and the sole (which was one of the specials) for me. After 40 minutes of being completely ignored, I inquired about our food and was told it would be plated next. That means we waited another 15 minutes.

DH's burger didn't come the way he ordered it, but he wasn't going to send it back and wait even longer. My fish was OK, but nothing special.

Such a disappointing experience

Monterey, California
“Staff & Food were equally good!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had completed a marathon road tour through the Dingle Peninsula and Kilarny National Park and were starved. We showed up late and the waitress was very welcoming. The ambience was warm and comfortable and the food was very good, especially the seabass, ribs and scallops. Towards the end of our mea,l the chef took care of us and served home made apple pie. The overall experience was very satisfying and took some of the pain out of the two and a half hour drive home after dinner.

• Visited July 2013