“Great food, service started well but fizzled out”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Horseshoe

The Horseshoe
Ranked #14 of 55 Restaurants in Kenmare
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ontario, Canada
“Great food, service started well but fizzled out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husbnad and I went here for dinner while we were in Kenmare on vacation. Great cozy spot with great atmosphere. The server was by herself and she was hussling! Everything went well untill close to the end of dinner, no offer to refill our pints, no offer and desert or coffee and we waited 20 minutes for our bill! Maybe she was having a bad day but it runined our night out.

The food was superb. We tried the beef hot pot-amazing and so nice on a dreary day.

It would have gotten a 5 from me if the server would have stayed on her game.

• Visited October 2012

akumal
“best dinner of the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Broiled scallops, haddock, smooth and creamy risotto, beef hot pot, all wonderful! Attractive pub atmosphere with with a great chef in the kitchen!!

Visited October 2012
Royal Oak, MI
“Great late dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

The stuffed, grilled portabella mushrooms with greens, were excellent. Staff was attentive and food was well prepared.

Visited October 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Great dining option in Kenmare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

While looking for someplace to have dinner late one night on my visit to Kenmare, we stumbled into this dark and cozy pub - and I'm glad we did...
This little place is quite unassuming, so I was a little suprised by both the presentation of the meals and how good the food was! The menu has a good selection, from simple fare like burgers and chicken wings to more elaborate mains that include steak, lamb and fish - definitely something for all tastes. It is on the pricier side for pub food - but once you see what they have to offer, it's worth the price! The daily specials, however, do offer great value.
I tried the mussels and fries - they were a tad under-seasoned, but fresh and delicious, as were the home cut fries.
For dessert, I had the rice pudding and was in heaven - seriously the best rice pudding I have ever had! I could recommend this place for the pudding alone ;)
So, if you're wondering where to eat on a night out in Kenmare... make The Horseshoe your first stop!

• Visited September 2012
Atlanta, GA
“Cozy pub with above average food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We ate here on our one night in Kenmare. We were skeptical a bit based on the front section being very pub like. We were sat at the back of the place where it felt more like a restaurant even though it's a small place. Our food was very good. I had the beef hot pot that was excellent and my wife liked her Hake. It took some time for us to pay our check, but they were busy. I also think it was because we were paying by credit card and the manager/owner had to run the card reader.

• Visited September 2012