“Good, but better places to eat”

Paddy Foley's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #25 of 56 Restaurants in Kenmare
Cuisines: Irish, International
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Award Winning Foley's is a popular Kenmare town centre Bar/Restaurant, with accommodation, serving high quality traditional Irish Fayre with locally sourced seafood and home-grown ingredients. This popular local bar is the perfect spot for a quiet afternoon pint, settling in to watch the match, having a chat with the locals, a meeting point for friends or enjoying the great music. We are sure you will find a warm welcome with great service when you soak up the atmosphere by the open fires in this most traditional setting.
Reviewed May 20, 2014

First night in Kenmare so here was the first place we ate because it appeared quite busy which is always a compliment.
Our starters were really good. My sister got the soup with brown soda bread. Very nice. I got the deep fried Brie with Cranberry sauce which was delicious. Could eat it over and over.
Our mains were a bit disappointing. My sister got the lamb burger just with cheddar instead of goat's cheese. The burger bun was something you can get at the supermarket and it wasn't even toasted and the chips were just like fried frozen chips. I ordered the battered fish and chips. I had to ask for a wedge of lemon for it which generally is a given. The batter was slightly soggy, tasted undercooked but the fish inside was nice.
We had the White Pinot Grigio which was the best part of our whole meal.
We didn't get desserts. The Australian waitress was lovely and recommended different places for us to drink and see live music which was much appreciated. I would go here again if the group wished to go but I would not suggest the restaurant as I had much better in the town in Kenmare.

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

I am literally just after leaving this "restaurant" ... only for the fact that I hadn't eaten since yesterday I would have left all food behind me. My chowder was at best a 5/10..for a seafood restaurant that is disgraceful. My Bangers and Mash were abysmal. Mash was clearly in the Bain Marie for a couple of hours. The Sausages melted in my mouth they were so overcooked. My girlfriend's Beef and Guinness pie was a stew in between two squares of frozen ready to cook pieces of filo pastry. That is not a pie. The service was barely adequate. Not once were we asked how was our food....maybe they knew the answer they would get and thought better. DONT EAT HERE......

1  Thank Frank M
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Visited for lunch on May 14, 2014. Interior lacking the Irish charm that makes the country beautiful. Wait staff more interested in chatting amongst each other, practically had to beg for another pint. Oysters and mussels good, too bad about the service and decor.

2  Thank Tanya H
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Sent from my iPad
We randomly chose this place while visiting Kenmare. We didn't want dinner but a snack and to get out of the rain.Noticing immediately the service was poor by listening to the employees talk and then eventually coming over to ask what we wanted.Only to have to wait another bloody 40 minutes just to get my calamari and my friend his turkey.I was anxious to enjoy my calamari only to find it was cold..and on top of that something got stuck in my tooth and it was a huge fish bone....didn't know calamari had bones???THe turkey was tough and over cooked.Of course I didn't have to pay for my meal but no explanation or apology was offered.Unreal to have this kind of services in Kenmare and awful food.I guess they get so many tourist they figured they won't be back anyway....well we live and hour away and will certainly advice our friends not to go there.

1  Thank vivart
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Great food good value for money Excellent service,great atmosphere.
Different music every night.
Staff very friendly and