“Great food, great craic!”

Paddy Foley's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #25 of 56 Restaurants in Kenmare
Cuisines: Irish, International
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Award Winning Foley's is a popular Kenmare town centre Bar/Restaurant, with accommodation, serving high quality traditional Irish Fayre with locally sourced seafood and home-grown ingredients. This popular local bar is the perfect spot for a quiet afternoon pint, settling in to watch the match, having a chat with the locals, a meeting point for friends or enjoying the great music. We are sure you will find a warm welcome with great service when you soak up the atmosphere by the open fires in this most traditional setting.
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Had the pleasure of a three course meal in Foleys over the bank holiday weekend. Great atmosphere. Mainly tourists, very touristy menu but some lovely sea food. Starter of mussels in White wine and garlic cream sauce left me wishing I had order them for mains too! Home made deserts topped it all off. Our waitress was fantastic. So busy but attentive. And we wer serenaded by a guitarist and what we assumed was his 13yr old son, who sang perfect harmony, fair play to him. Over all a great night and even if you aren't eating go in for a drink with the tourists and a bit of hi diddley i!

Reviewed April 26, 2011

I genuinely thought places like this no longer existed in modern Ireland, but alas I was wrong! Not only is Foleys as fake as they come, their attitude to customers is stuck somewhere back in 1950's.

We ordered "Kerry Beef & Guinness Pie" and "Sheppards Pie", both normally meat dishes, but not in the case of Foleys. The former was bulked out with carrots and contained a miserable 4 cubes of beef. The latter was 90% potatoes, with a skimming of minced lamb hidden on the bottom. So was this Foleys taking a cheap shot, or were we just unlucky? I had hoped unlucky, but soon realised that wasn't the case; when clearing up the waiter (who I think may have been the owner!!) asked if everything was OK. I explained that there was a serious lack of meat in the dishes. What did he do? He laughed, said nothing more and walked away! The term "pig ignorant" comes to mind!

It is obvious that this is an old style tourist trap where they get you in, take as much as they can, and give very little in return. And because they know they will most likely never see you again, they don't give a [...]! Kenmare is full of good, genuine Irish Gastro Pubs and restaurants. This isn't one of them, so I'd advise go elsewhere.

5  Thank Irish_Traveller085
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I really enjoyed eating at Foleys. I had the lasagne and it was home-made and simply scrumptious! Everything was fresh and that really makes a change from a lot of other restaurants that I have been too.
I would happily go back there again if I return to Kenmare.

1  Thank w0w13
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We had 4 great nights at Foley's on our recent trip- the food was great and it felt like being with family. Patrick Foley is the comsumate host and his staff was pleasant and efficient. This is a great place for a drink, breakfast, dinner or entertainment. Can't wait to go back

1  Thank Rosepasco
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Great place to have a pint of Guinness and get something to eat. the service was excellent (no worries :-)) and we also enjoyed great live music by Pat Kelleher (and Ricky).

1  Thank Oferf