“The best in town”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Everything about Packie's is brilliant. The food, atmosphere, and service is second to none. I would highly recommend to anybody visiting Kenmare

1  Thank georgeharrington

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Have eaten here twice now , the first visit was fabulous , lovely table in the window, plenty of room, delicious food and great service. Could not possably find fault. However the second visit was a very different experience, cramped table too close to the wall in a pokey dark wedge shaped back room that I did not feel comfortable in. I am sure the food was good but was distracted from enjoying it by the conditions in which it was served .

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I just write my review now cause I always forgot it.. But I have to say if you are in Kenmare this is a place to be! I am living in this town now for a couple of months and I went a lot for food in different restaurant but this is one of my absolutely favourites, always nice and fresh! The taste is amazing, the presentation and the service is polite and quick as well! I just can recommend this to everyone!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We took the chef's advice and tried the "spanking fresh" brill - one of the best fish dishes I've ever had. Packies is a great choice for a special occasion.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just back from a wend in Kenmare. Following a friend's recommendation we booked one of the last tables for the second sitting on Saturday night. The restaurant has 2 sittings on a Saturday night, one at 7pm and one at 9pm. I ordered the duck to start, followed by scallops for main and meiruinge for dessert, each course was amazing. The flavours, presentation etc.. of each course were excellent. Definitely our meal of the year... Will definitely be back