“The Best Excitement you can have on a holiday in Gorgeous Kenmare!!!”

Eclipse Ireland Holiday Homes, Equestrian & Activity Centre
Dublin, Ireland
“The Best Excitement you can have on a holiday in Gorgeous Kenmare!!!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My 8 yr old Son and myself spent 5 days in a holiday home in Eclipse Ireland in April 2012. My brother and his 2 older kids and my Mother both followed 2 days later and stayed! We had a lovely warm welcome from Anita who runs Eclipse with her husband Athos. The craic was mighty and as it hadn't rained much the time we were there we did 'Dry Mud Surfing" !! Athos pulled you along on the surf board while he drove his Quad bike. It was so so hilarious watching everyone trying to hang on to the surf board!!! We also did the Assault Course. It was so funny trying to get up over the wall. We never laughed as much throughout our stay it was Brilliant! Thank you Anita & Athos for the wonderful time, we were very sad to leave. I had tears in my eyes leaving. We ate the large box of chocs on the way home,,,,,,afterall we won the bet!!! I hope Sparky(the horse my son fell in love with!!) is doing well. We will definately be back ;) You are the Best. You all made it so very special for all of us and that meant alot and we will always remember it. Orla & Matthew Conlon, Dublin

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Orla C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cork
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We decided to put our buddy through his paces before he got married so this place was the obvious choice. As soon as we had arrived, Athos had us in stitches!! The banter was brilliant. We did the Archery and the Brain vs. Brawn Challenge... the assault course had us in pieces but it was the biggest laugh we've had on a lads trip anywhere. I'd highly recommend this place for a Stag weekend away!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andrew G
Reviewed September 30, 2012

When trying to arrange an event for my Stag Party I came across Eclipse Adventures in Kenmare. I wanted a Stag Party that was challenging and interesting for all the attendees and decided that Eclipse had everything and more for what I was looking for.
From the beginning Athos was both informative and patient with arranging the Stag and even came up with some great suggestions on events as well as some incentives for achieving objectives within the activities.
We participated in Archery, Assault Course (Brain & Brawn Challenge) & Raft Building.
Athos provided a great introduction and explanation of the day and once the Archery started we knew we were in good hands.
Athos and his equally professional assistant Mick provided some great instruction on Archery techniques to the point of most of us burst balloon targets with one arrow..!!!
Lunch was served after Archery and needed as we were facing into a tough afternoon of activities.
The Brain challenge was next in the form of a Orienteering course following by our problem solving conclusion to the Brain challenge.
This was followed by the Assault Course which was a fantastic event and very challenging.
Before arriving at Eclipse a number of the Stag participants had expressed a desire to maybe not participate in the Assault Course due to age and old injuries...however after seeing the assault course and participating in the team building orienteering and archery everyone in our group participated and finished the assault course a result influenced in no small part by Athos and Mick's energy and enthusiasm.
The Raft Building followed and this certainly was the highlight of the day.
A number of our group I thought may have needed oxygen for the amount of laughter that was experienced in this event.
With the promise of a bottle of wine on the island we sailed to locate our treasure and laughed all the way over and back.
Fabulous Hot Showers within the Eclipse fantastic Facilities and our bottles of wine concluded what everyone agreed was a day to remember with everyone competing and completing all events.
I know I speak for all of us when I say that Eclipse lives up to it's name and Eclipses all other adventure centres, both for quality of activities and Athos and his professional team of instructors and staff.
I cannot recommend Athos and his team at Eclipse enough and I'm already planning on a return trip to not only participate in events again but also stay at the high quality holiday homes onsite.
Eclipse made it a Stag to remember...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Neckargemund, Germany
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Our son aged 17 spent two weeks at Eclipse attending the English course for teens.
The learning environment was simply excellent (thanks, Ginny!), so he was very motivated and gained much more confidence, especially in spoken English.
Besides that, the teens (group of 6 pupils) had really big fun spending the time together and benefitting from the wide range of activities and encouragements offered by Eclipse in a warm und welcoming atmosphere created by Anita + Athos.
In one sentence: Definitely a unique learning experience!!! Very recommendable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sabine G
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife and I and our two daughters aged 12 and 14 found the Eclipse Activity Centre to be the most amazing bit of our five day break in Kerry.

Athos the owner is immediately welcoming and his recommendations are always spot on.

Gina who taught our girls equestrian vaulting was an absolute hit. Vaulting is a very special skill much appreciated by those horsey girls! It was taught with much skill, kindness and experience.

We found it to be excellent value for money and all the family want to go back.

Many many thanks to Athos, Gina, Anita and the gang.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My daughter and niece did the week long summer camp last week and had an absolutely brilliant time. There were so many activities to keep them busy- archery,horse riding, orienteering, cycling and raft building to mention just a few! They had so much fun and came home every day covered in mud with huge smiles on their faces! It's a great place for kids and adults of all ages. It's really well run by Athos,his wife Anita and a great team. It's also great value for money.
I've recommended it to all my friends and we will definitely be back!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dublin
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I spent one week with my two children (11 and 12) on holiday here. It was great fun and action packed and my children loved it. However it was quite expensive as activities are extra. All in all, a lovely holiday with lovely people.

• Stayed July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmare
Parknasilla Resort & Spa
Kenmare Bay Hotel & Resort
Brook Lane Hotel
Brook Lane Hotel
#1 of 6 in Kenmare

Been to Eclipse Ireland Holiday Homes, Equestrian & Activity Centre? Share your experiences!