“Amazing experience from start to finish”
Review of Park Hotel Kenmare

Park Hotel Kenmare
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
Limerick, Ireland
“Amazing experience from start to finish”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

From start to finish, this was the best hotel experience we have had to date. The staff are friendly, helpful and attentive, the rooms are tastefully decorated with antique furniture, the food at dinner was exceptional...matched by an excellent breakfast. The SAMAS spa is a must...amazing! The grounds are beautiful....I can recommend the hotel without hesitation!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank IrelandFirstClass

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

For every birthday for the last number if years, I have been treated to the 'wonderful experience' of dinner in the Park Hotel.

It really is a lovely experience and hard to come by these days.

It starts when you are preparing yourself for the night as we always make a special effort to dress smartly for the Park. Once you step out of your car, to door of the hotel creaks open with a lovely friendly face to greet and welcome you through the doors to a fire lighting in the lobby.

From there you are invited to take a seat in the bar or the lounge, are handed menus while you wait for your tipple (in our case it has to be the lovely Hendericks Gin served with a cucumber garnish) and listen to the fine tinkle of the piano. Once you place your order of food, a lovely tray of canapés are given to prepare your palate for the dining experience.

Next is what I love. You are seated in a grand candlelit room with lush velvet curtains, plush carpet, perfectly set tables with gleaming glassware and cutlery and your seat is pulled out for you with your napkin placed on your knee. I hope I'm setting the tone for you!

By now, you have ordered a starter and a main (I always order my dessert at this point too as hands down their chocolate fondant is the best!) however here is how your evening goes:

Amuse Bouche
Starter
Main
Pre dessert
Dessert
Tea/Coffee
Petit Fours

There is no rushing this meal as you can see from the above and you need to be very hungry to truly enjoy. If I could press pause on this special occasion each year, I would but I always know we'll be back so it's something to look forward to.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Barolo3878
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely afternoon tea here. The food was delicious and the fine china was elegant. The only downfall was the place was extremely busy and difficult to get a seat . Thought the rooms were a bit dated but this is the park in a nutshell although it is not my style it is beautiful and fits well into the stunning landscape. Spa facilities are good too.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Choinne
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband brought me to Park as a celebration trip for my 40th birthday and everything was wonderful. The staff were extremely friendly. The room was beautiful and the bathroom was real luxury. The only thing I didn't like was the paintings of an old Victorian couple that hung over the bed , I have to be honest they really creeped me out .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to base yourself for exploring southwest ireland. The town of kenmare is very nice, but the sense of style and service at the park hotel are incredible. The staff was so helpful and offered suggestions on what to do in other places we were visiting outside of kenmare and even in Dublin where we were heading eventually. The food and drink were outstanding in quality and presentation, the antiques in the building and room were impressive, and we were truly made to feel like we were staying as personal guests in someone's country estate.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank jeffrey53872
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I planned to stay for 4 nites but checked out after one. While the grounds and spa are spectacular the hotel and rooms are very old and dated and a big disconnect. We felt like we were in a museum rather than in someone's home. The lighting in the room was very bad as was the water pressure. I had to sit in the middle of the room to blow dry my hair because it was the only plug that worked. Also old bedspreads and blankets on bed rather than duvets. Our bed was raised up on a platform so if you got up in the middle of the night you needed to remember to step down 3 steps and then step up 3 steps if u needed to use the bathroom...an accident waiting to happen. I like old but this was ancient.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank brobar
Dearborn, MI
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed there this past Tuesday night. Absolutely gorgeous. It's set in beautiful Kenmare (might be my favorite stop in west Ireland). Pricey and a bit (just a very little bit) long in the tooth in some ways. But lovely and dignified and very fitting for the beauty of the location. The staff was notably attentive and perfectly charming and friendly. Traditionally appointed in a British manor sort of way. Lovely place to get dressed up and have a cocktail before dinner. Which leads me to my (few) minor criticisms: Drinks were really expensive. Just a bit too much. The place is gorgeous but it needs a few updates: the shower was pretty weak and leaky and the wifi only worked if you stood in the hallway, rather than the room. But overall, I'd stay again in a heartbeat. You cannot beat the beauty, the friendliness of every single staff member or the proximity to the charming town of Kenmare (easy walking distance). Loved it. Oh and it has a to die for spa.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmare
Sheen Falls Lodge
Parknasilla Resort & Spa
Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
#14 of 38 in Killarney

Been to Park Hotel Kenmare? Share your experiences!