“Ireland of the welcomes”
Review of Park Hotel Kenmare

Park Hotel Kenmare
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Kenmare
Dublin, Ireland
“Ireland of the welcomes”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

The Park Hotel is a beautiful building set in magnificent surroundings, but it is the warmth,friendliness and enthusiasm of all the staff which makes it so very special.
Quality local produce,cooked to perfection and served with pride is surely the essence of any dining experience.
This is the epitome of Irish hospitality.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EI105

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Reviewed July 5, 2013

What can we add?. John and Francis run a lovely establishment with exceptional service. They arranged fly fishing, golf and day trips. Perfect service hike still making it feel effortless and homey. The spa is truly lovely and I could have spent hours in the thermals with the wonderful view of the bay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cm m
Dublin
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Value is a difficult concept easily recognised when it is experienced.
Are there more modern establishments in Ireland? Yes of course there are, but talk of dated is irrelevant in a room where the furniture and objects de art are older than the state itself!
Come here for excellence, quality service, gifted chefs with real commitment to local produce and staff who combine hospitality,ease of manner and professionalism seamlessly!
Need advice on gardening? the lads working in the grounds will help, local information? Any of the staff are a rich seam of knowledge. Food and wine ? Louise and her team are the front of house to a superb kitchen.
Enjoy and spread the word. We may have lost our way in many things but in hospitality we can still be world class.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cools
Clonmel
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Dinner was very good, staff were lovely, yes expensive at 70.00 but we all need a treat. The place is well worth a visit as the gardens are kept so well. Bar area and lounge are lovely to sit back and relax in. The staff are so nice and friendly, very well trained and making it a dining experience.

Room Tip: Go relax and enjoy........
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have heard of great reviews and appraises of Park Hotel Kenmare so I checked in this hotel with high expectations. Fortunately the staffs and the hospitality of the hotel did not disappoint me at all ~! Upon checking in, the concierge and the staff already were awaiting for my arrival and greeted me by my name (perhaps they do not receive that many single Asian travelers). My room was upgraded to a spacious suit with lake and garden views. I loved waking up with the blinds open looking the lake views.

But like suggested in the title of my review, I opted out and decide to dine out every meals (except breakfast). There are many great choices at much reasonable prices within walking distance to Park Hotel Kenmare. When I saw the dinner option of EUR70/person, I thought local delicacies probably would do more justice, and the I think I made the right choice. Just across the street from the hotel, the Irish pub serves delicious rib and daily soup selections with alive Irish music playing after 8pm daily!

The 25m lap pool is great and I thoroughly enjoyed my laps daily spent in the heated pool.

The location of the hotel is stunning, overlooking the greenery golf course and the lake. In the intersection of the two main roads of Kenmare Village which means it is very convenient to get to any shops and restaurants one wishes to visit.

Hospitality and services is up to the standard anyone would expect of a 5-star hotel and definitely no complains to be made during my stays, except the malfunctioned fire alarm that decided to sound off twice during the mid-night which disturbed my last night of sleep, and the lack of hot water at 5am in the morning for my shower. But I have made both comments in the commentary form submitted back to the management and I hope all those would have been fixed for the next visitors.

Room Tip: I truly enjoyed the views of the room and I would recommend to ask for rooms down in the far end of...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 18, 2013

we have just had the most fantastic 5 nights in the Park.From the moment we arrived to our leaving we were just spoiled.We have been to the Park before but never felt compelled to write a review, about anywhere.We were welcomed in like long lost friends and were treated like royalty from Mr.Brennan right down through all the staff but with a special mention for John in the cocktail lounge and Louise and her team in the dining room.We had o lovely hike with John on saturday and we were then served breakfast on the terrace on sunday morning.We had dinner on 2 nights which were just divine,we had pre dinner drinks and canapes in the lounge followed by a beautiful dinner served at our leisure,just superb. We cant wait for our next visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank clif l
Chiddingstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I had booked five double rooms for a special birthday trip, so I was really hoping The Park would live up to expectations..... AND IT DID. The hotel is a charming mixture of luxury and friendliness that guarantee's a great stay. The view from our room over the bay was a lovely way to start the day and the great breakfast went a long way to help the hangover. We had dinner in the hotel the first night and everyone was in agreement, it was fantastic and couldn't be faulted. The staff were lovely and couldn't do enough for you. They were also mainly Irish which is always nice and helps the atmosphere of a place. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel if you want a most enjoyable break in Kenmare and I look forward to returning in the not so distant future. Many thanks to all at The Park for making the weekend so enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Looder
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmare
Sheen Falls Lodge
The Killarney Park Hotel
The Killarney Park Hotel
#3 of 38 in Killarney
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,338 reviews

Been to Park Hotel Kenmare? Share your experiences!