“Absolutely delicious”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner at wild garlic. The food was first rate.
Superb local ingredients prepared in the most imaginative way.
The staff were friendly and well informed.
Excelent service snd extremly well priced for the type of food.
By far the best meal I had in Ireland to date.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Okay, so now I will spend the rest of my eating life trying to find a soup as delicious as the Onion Soup that I had at Mulcahy's (it really was the most delicious soup that my sister and I have ever tasted; if it had been at all mannerly to lick the bowl, we would have). The soup was the starter so we were pretty confident that the rest of the meal was going to be special. It was. The soup was followed by roasted chicken perfectly cooked and a lovely assortment of vegetables to accompany it. For dessert, I had the Passion Fruit Souffle with Brown Sugar Ice Cream and my sister had the lemon tart. The soufflé was light and sweet and complemented by the rich, creamy ice cream. My sister's lemon tart had just the right proportion of tartness to sweetness and the pastry was so thin and flakey it seemed to dissolve with the slightest pressure of her fork. The service was terrific, the table lovely and, of course, the food, that soup!

3  Thank Sharon H
Reviewed August 9, 2014

My hubby and I had an amazing meal in Mulcahy's Kenmare during the week. The food was exceptional, the service was second to none. Our plates went back completely empty, everything was yummy and so well presented! We would highly recommend this restaurant, well done Bruce and crew!

1  Thank Sinead H
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Simply the BEST food I ate in Ireland. Absolutely superb. We got chatting to the chef and he has worked with some very impressive people. If you are after quality you must eat here. I would go back to Kenmare just to eat here.

1  Thank La Coron W
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Had a delicious dinner in Mulcahy's, felt it was the best meal with the best service we have had during our stay in Kenmare so far. The menu had a good selection of options, with daily specials on offer as well. The food was fresh and simply prepared, but full of flavour. The service was professional and friendly. The tables were not squashed next to each other. There was time between courses to relax and enjoy the restaurant. It was a fine dining experience in all aspects. The cost was no more expensive than other restaurants we have eaten in over our visit. I would definitely recommend and would love to go back.

2  Thank Kitty63Melbourne