“Beautiful”

Ranked #11 of 56 Restaurants in Kenmare
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Lime Tree is recognised as Kenmare's landmark restaurant. Housed in a beautiful building dating back to 1832, the food and service continues to win accolades and many new customers. The quality ingredients are sourced locally and then carefully prepared with passion. Fish from the cleanest waters in Europe is delivered daily and lamb is provided by the local farmer. Simple caring preparation ensures tasty food. The service is friendly and efficient with an emphasis on value for money in an informal manner.
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Fab food and despite what other review have said, very well priced Good wine list, attentive staff, a very lovely restaurant.

There are newer reviews for The Lime Tree Restaurant

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Crab claws and sea bass delicious
Wanted to try the lobster but it was sold out @7.30pm!
Next time
Busy fully booked service good
The chefs special creeps with butterscotch sauce are sublime

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Diners are spoilt for choice when it comes to eating out in Kenmare; however The Lime Tree still manages to stand out above the rest.
The food is delicious, the staff attentive and the atmosphere cosy and intimate.
It never disappoints.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Kenmare is one of my favourite getaway destinations. It has it all; mountains, sea, rugged Kerry beauty and great places to eat!! I have been to the Lime Tree once before and made it my mission to eat here again last weekend. This was one of the best meals I have had in a very long time. The restaurant is tucked away off Shelbourne Street in what was once Kenmare Girls' National School. As this is a popular and busy place on a Saturday in July (and two weeks previously I couldn't get in the door of any restaurant on a Saturday night in Kenmare), we booked ten days in advance. Three of four of us had crab claws to start, simply dressed in butter and lemon. I then had roast duck served with poached rhubarb, ginger and orange with an apple crisp garnish. The duck was just right; the rhubarb and ginger complemented it perfectly. I smiled from start to finish. We shared the pancakes. This is a very simple dessert - excellent quality vanilla ice-cream wrapped in soft freshly made pancakes and smothered in a butterscotch sauce sprinkled with chopped, honeyed hazelnuts. It is hard to surpass something simple but so well executed. Although busy, the service was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. I was disappointed in the wine list but otherwise its a thumbs up for The Lime Tree.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

If I wasn’t invited by friend of my, who already long time lives in Kenmare, it will be hard job to find this little house hidden in the garden in the shade of huge trees. But in Kenmare is nothing really far and I reached to be in time. We were welcomed by charming and lovely young girl who were as I later recognized local as well as perfectly prepared scallops we had as a starter or the perfect poached lobster with garlic butter.
This is the reason, why I always prefer local products.