“Happy to return”

Ranked #10 of 56 Restaurants in Kenmare
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Lime Tree is recognised as Kenmare's landmark restaurant. Housed in a beautiful building dating back to 1832, the food and service continues to win accolades and many new customers. The quality ingredients are sourced locally and then carefully prepared with passion. Fish from the cleanest waters in Europe is delivered daily and lamb is provided by the local farmer. Simple caring preparation ensures tasty food. The service is friendly and efficient with an emphasis on value for money in an informal manner.
Waterford, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Happy to return”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Back in Kenmare on a return visit to enjoy the New year, and what a wonderful time we had. On our first night we chose the limetree and it was wonderful. I had the prawn cocktail to start, followed by the sea bass and both were delicious. The rest of my party were well pleased with their choices, a fabulous display of fish and meat dishes filed our table, all looked so good.There was such a lovely atmosphere and the restaurant so beautifully decorated. Like my last visit the service was excellent, cannot wait to come back. Happy New Year to all at the limetree, see ye in 2014

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mary O

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and Service, fabulous ambiance !!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

When we arrived in Kenmare, our host recommended this restaurant to us. They waitress didn't have a table for us at first but offered us one at 9pm. The restaurant was full with a fantastic atmosphere, busy but yet relaxed. The food was absolutely delicious and tasty. The duck is a MUST!! Service was excellent with a smile. Can't wait to return. A five star dining experience.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Aileen M
Kenmare
“Ambiance was good, service was poor, food was basic”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I ordered the shrimp cocktail starter, which was basic, but the marie rose sauce was nice. Then I had the lamb main. As a chef myself, I couldn't believe they over-cooked the lamb. I literally had to saw through it and nearly lost a knife to the floor. I would've sent it back, but the server did not come to check on us (and it was early, the place wasn't busy). Very disappointed based on its reputation and I will not be going back. The rest of my party seemed to enjoy their meal, but it was a complete let down for me. If you want good food, go to Tom Crean or Mulcahy's. THEY know how to cook.

Visited October 2013
5 Thank Meghan 美
Dublin
“Beautiful meal, excellent service”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We had prawns to start and Seabass & Duck, beautifully cooked, lovely atmosphere, service was very good, even among the very high standard of Kenmare's restaurants this is well worth a visit

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Padraig W
Campinas, SP
“Wonderful lingering flavors we savored so much that”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Ww literally did not want to drink our wine because the food was so good we wanted its flavors to linger for as long as possible. I had the lamb duo: rack of lamb cooked to perfection and the sherpherd´s pie, the right amount, beatifully presented, my husband and friends had the sea bass it was incredibly tasty. I consider myself very critical when it comes to food, my mom been a chef, and having eaten in many restaurants over the world, so I do no think I am rating this place lightly, anyway do not take my word, check it on your self...

• Visited July 2013