“Fantastic restaurant in a wonderful town...”

The Lime Tree Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 55 Restaurants in Kenmare
Cuisines: Irish, European, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Lime Tree is recognised as Kenmare's landmark restaurant. Housed in a beautiful building dating back to 1832, the food and service continues to win accolades and many new customers. The quality ingredients are sourced locally and then carefully prepared with passion. Fish from the cleanest waters in Europe is delivered daily and lamb is provided by the local farmer. Simple caring preparation ensures tasty food. The service is friendly and efficient with an emphasis on value for money in an informal manner.
Waterford, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic restaurant in a wonderful town...”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had not been to Kenmare for years, but won't take so long to come back again.Kenmare is such a lovely place and the people are so charming and friendly, the lime tree restaurant was the highlight of a great weekend in this wonderful town. We arrived late, but this was not a problem with our lovely host Kathy, who made us feel so welcome. For starters I had goats cheese salad and my husband had chicken wings, mine was so full of flavour with lots of different ingredients which complimented the goats cheese perfectly. The chicken wings were finger licking good.(literally) We both chose duck for our mains and it was cooked to perfection!!! For dessert my hubbie had panacotta and I had the cheese plate and again both were delicious. To compliment our meal we chose a bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon blanc, which was delicious. Can't wait to return! Compliments to the chef and thank you Kathy and your super team.

• Visited October 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“Returning as soon as possible.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I ate here last Saturday evening, it was a celebration dinner but we wanted something relaxed and casual and that is what we got! The food was the best standard I have ever eaten out. My partner got the Duo of Lamb and the taste was so wonderfully strong due to the meat being so fresh. The service was very good, the waitress appeared to be young and new so seemed a little nervous even though she had no reason to be as she did an excellent job. I cannot wait to return and I will be recommending this to anyone visiting Kenmare.

• Visited October 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Was hoping for a treat”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

When we told people we were coming to Kenmare, everyone said "you've got to go to the Lime Tree". So I booked for our family on a mid week evening when it would be quiet enough. I went in to book and when I said I'd needed a baby seat I was told I could bring the baby if I kept it quiet. I totally understand that noisy, crying babies are a horrible distraction to other customers. I would always take turns going outside if my baby was upset. But to be told yes we'll take your money and let your baby sit there but make sure it doesn't make any noise. Either they have a policy that accepts small children or they don't. When i left, I decided not to go to dinner there. I would have been a bag of nerves eating and worrying if the child did anything out of turn. Way to go to make our "Treat Evening" feel so special

2 Thank Karen M
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service and wonderful food!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We dined in this restaurant last Saturday and it was absolutely fantastic. The food was to die for and the staff were just so warm and friendly. Our waitress could not have been of more help and really made our night. The food was yummy, I had a delicious prawn cocktail to start which was served beautifully. For mains I had the salmon it was cooked to perfection and my wife had the black pudding salad and the beef for mains. We both thought it was the best meal we have had in a long time. Our waitress was so helpful with suggestions on their wines and even places to visit the following day. Overall we had one of the best meals this year and would highly recommend the lime tree to others.

London, Ontario, Canada
“Average Restaurant”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The appetizers were great but the main course was OK. The service was slow and was not trained well. We asked to see a wine list and did not received one. I was disappointed with the overall experience.