“Lovely restaurant but they couldnt get a 'white coffee' right!”

The Lime Tree Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 55 Restaurants in Kenmare
Cuisines: Irish, European, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Lime Tree is recognised as Kenmare's landmark restaurant. Housed in a beautiful building dating back to 1832, the food and service continues to win accolades and many new customers. The quality ingredients are sourced locally and then carefully prepared with passion. Fish from the cleanest waters in Europe is delivered daily and lamb is provided by the local farmer. Simple caring preparation ensures tasty food. The service is friendly and efficient with an emphasis on value for money in an informal manner.
Waterford
“Lovely restaurant but they couldnt get a 'white coffee' right!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Visited this restaurant last weekend with a group of friends. The food was lovely and the ambiance was beautiful. There was a slight issue with the serving of the starters. 3 of the group did not get their starters until some of the table were almost finished theirs. I ordered a white coffee after dessert and when the waitress came around announcing black coffees I told her I had ordered a white coffee which was fine. She came back with a very milky looking latte which was not what I had ordered! I expalined to her again that I had ordered a white coffee (which I drink everywhere I go and do not get served a latte when I ask for it!) and she rather abruptly told me that thats what she had offered me previously! I told her that an americano with hot milk on top would be fine and she came back and landed a filtered coffee on the table with a jug of cold milk!! I was too sick of the whole fiasco at that stage to say anything but I didnt drink it as it was quite weak. It was a pity as a nice coffee would have finished off a lovely meal very nicely!

London, United Kingdom
“Yummy!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were really lucky to get a table and what a result!

Excellent food, excellent service and a beautiful room. Great value for money too!

Greystones, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful place !”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and myself went for a meal in the Lime Tree and I must say, what a place!! I've never seen such a lovely and cozy setting before, It's an old school house converted into a restaurant so it has a lovely character also it's great that there is a car park behind the restaurant so we didn't have to look for spaces on the road. The ambiance and atmosphere is amazing with candles lighting and nice back round music., It was quiet busy but the staff are very professional and made us feel welcome. The food was to die for, I had the smoked salmon,followed by the duck which was cooked to perfection and very tender, my wife had the fishcakes and the scallops which were cooked in garlic butter and served on pommes puree. We rounded it off with the crepes and the panacotta. The only negative thing I have to say is that the coffee wasn't great it was lukewarm and I like my coffee hot.
All in all we will definitely be back again on our next trip to Kenmare.

Newport, Rhode Island
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Great setting, good wine list, fantastic food. Our best dinner in Ireland during our week-long trip.

Palatine
“Last trip of the year”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Last trip to kenmare this year and what a great time, dinner in a few other places but once again the lime tree with its food, service and great team was just better then the others. Thanks to mick Casey for the special request fish dish off of haddock and see bass and the new swap to winter veg on the menu was great. Once again great night and will be back soon.