“Gourmet dining”

Ranked #11 of 56 Restaurants in Kenmare
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Lime Tree is recognised as Kenmare's landmark restaurant. Housed in a beautiful building dating back to 1832, the food and service continues to win accolades and many new customers. The quality ingredients are sourced locally and then carefully prepared with passion. Fish from the cleanest waters in Europe is delivered daily and lamb is provided by the local farmer. Simple caring preparation ensures tasty food. The service is friendly and efficient with an emphasis on value for money in an informal manner.
Billings, Montana
“Gourmet dining”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We went to a wine tasting here during the Kenmare Food Carnival, and enjoyed the place so much we booked dinner reservations. They were highly rated in Rick Steve's guide, and Rick was not wrong. We had appetizers, dinner, dessert, and all were absolutely fabulous. The service was impeccable.

Visited July 2012

Denver
“A wonderful, memorable meal”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I had dinner at the Lime Tree while on our honeymoon in September of 1999. We were originally headed to a nearby restaurant that turned out to look pretty twee and British “clubby” so changed our minds. Stumbled across The Lime Tree and were warmly welcomed and shown to a very nice table immediately. (Being Americans we were well ahead of the rush.) It was one of the most impressive and memorable meals on our trip ‘round Ireland and then Scotland. I said at the time that meal alone was worth the airfare from Denver, Colorado! (I had salmon and my wife had a lamb entree. The chef prepared a special soufflé dessert for us having heard we were on our honeymoon.) All these years later (with lots of miles on the clock and meals under the belt this is still one my wife and I both remember quite vividly .

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank PeripateticPriest
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Tantalizing food in charming cottage”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Conveniently located just off the downtown triangle, The Lime Tree serves fresh, innovatively prepared local products. I thoroughly enjoyed my go-to fillet mignon while my husband relished a regional lamb stew. The served was impeccable and friendly without being cloying. The ambiance was warm while open and modern. We are grateful to our B&B hosts for recommending The Lime Tree and steering us toward with a memorable meal.

• Visited August 2012
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Great service & food to match”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We arrived without a reservation on a bank holiday weekend, the owner/hostess explained they were fully booked but there was a reserved table available - provided we were done within 90 minutes. She oozed 'service with a smile' throughout the evening, lovely to find but yet so rare.
The waitresses were prompt, nicely groomed and worked at pace. The owner kept a close watch on staff and customers alike - even to come and inform us that we didn't have to rush afterall, as she was able to accommodate the other party!
Menu recommendations were wonderful, they pleased even the pickiest palate among us. Loved it, superb restaurant, great time. Will be back.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank TravellingQ8
Columbus, Ohio
“Early bird menu was terrific”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We loved the atmosphere, the service and especially the food at Lime Tree. The early bird menu is varied and offers a terrific value. The chef was very accommodating for my gluten-free needs. I would highly recommend Lime Tree!

Visited October 2012