“Suberb Cuisine, Atmosphere and Service! Not to be missed.”
Review of No 35

Ranked #4 of 56 Restaurants in Kenmare
Cuisines: Seafood, Irish, European
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Drinks, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: No. 35 is a family-run, characterful and confident local dining room. We cook with the best of what's around us, using ingredients in season. On our farm, just a mile up the road, we breed our own pedigree rare breed Saddleback pigs for the delicious free-range pork we serve at No. 35. Open for lunch and dinner
Ireland
“Suberb Cuisine, Atmosphere and Service! Not to be missed.”
Reviewed May 7, 2010

My girlfroend and I visited this superb restaurant late last summer. We were staying nearby in beautiful Parknasilla. We were very slow to move out of Parknasilla but on the recommendation of a friend ventured into Kenmare to experience Leath Phingin Eile. We were so deligthed with the experience. We were greeted by Dermot, the owner and he had a very warm welcome and made us feel right at home. My girlfriend is French and we received a beautiful french " compliments of the chef" - what a lovely touch! The meal and service from start to finish was excellent. We were the last to leave the restaurant as it was just such a warm and friendly place.
Cant wait to return next summer.
Gerry

• Polish first
London
“What a let down!”
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Four of us went there on Easter Saturday after reading excellent reviews. We are all foodies and arrived in a excellent mood. We had a good table and the welcome was decent enough. But things went downhill from there. Steeply. No bread or anything until the starters arrived late, very average wine from a short list, breaded mussels were shrivelled and boring, the steak was ok but the accompanying vegetables far less so. The turnips in fact were vile and inedible. The pork ribs were dry and unpleasant.

And then there was the service. Plates were thrown in front of us, glasses banged onto the table and when we softly suggested that something wasn't great we were pretty much ignored and shown the cold shoulder. While we were waiting for ages for the bill another customer complained vociferously how bad the food and service had been.

This may have been a good restaurant in its previous incarnation, but since changing it's name to No. 35 this season (probably under new management and chef), it has fallen off a cliff. Don't go there.

2 Thank Christian K
limerick,ireland
“A little gem, a must visit; do not leave Kenmare without eating here!”
Reviewed December 4, 2009

I spent last weekend in Kenmare for my hen party with 28 other ladies! Leading up to the big event I did a lot of searching for the best place to eat in Kenmare and read some great reviews on Leath Phingin and immediately called them to book the group of us in. From the minute I spoke with the staff I knew that this was where I would go for my hen party. They were so lovely and professional. None of us had eaten there before but I guarantee all of us will eat there again. They prepared a special group menu for us which I was able to have input into. Everyone in the group adored what they chose. I personally had black pudding for starter and hake for main course. Other items on the menu were goats cheese, pork belly and duck for starters and fantastic beef, risotto and chicken for mains. The presentation of the food was amazing, the attention to detail was absolute perfection. We had a private area for our group which was fantastic. On arrival the manager met me personally to introduce himself, this was a lovely touch.
......go to this restaurant....the food is gorgeous....the staff are lovely....the experience you will want to re-live!

Cork
“Superb food, one of best meals ever.”
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Great menu, and absolutlely fab food - had the special of a baked cheese souffle and it was yummy.
We were a large group and we were given the perfect area for us.
Service was relaxed, but efficient.
Don't miss this place if you're in Kenmare.

Ireland
“over priced- what a rip off!”
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Food was nice, but small portions and so over-priced. We asked for 2 peppermint teas and were given one teabag in a pot! we ordered fish and chips but only got the frnech fries that came with all dishes. Way too expensive for the small portions and very slow service. Left feeling ripped off.

1 Thank IrelandGilly