“Last minute, busy Friday night, family of 6 and allergies - no problem!!”
Review of No 35

Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Kenmare
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: No. 35 is a family-run, characterful and confident local dining room. We cook with the best of what's around us, using ingredients in season. On our farm, just a mile up the road, we breed our own pedigree rare breed Saddleback pigs for the delicious free-range pork we serve at No. 35. Open for lunch and dinner
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were late back into Kenmare after running into old friends in Sneem and were looking for something to eat. We had promised our family a really good meal on our last night in Kenmare. We walked around the town just after 9pm - all the restaurants were flat out busy and most have a heavy seafood content on their menu. Our second daughter, 6 yrs old, is allergic to dairy, eggs, seafood and nuts so most of these were out for us anyway even if they had tables. We were finally giving in to eating in the local hotel which was offering a very uninspiring menu - not the promise we had made ourselves. From the top of the street, I noticed No 35 and decided that I would look at the menu and ask. It was about 9.20pm. The menu looked amazing and I ventured inside. The waitress came down the stairs - it is a very atmospheric little restaurant. I asked could she seat 2 adults and 4 kids, no problem she said. I then asked about if they could deal with the allergies, again 'no problem' was the answer. And she meant it!! She actually had to make up a table for us in a corner downstairs. The menu had so many dishes that just screamed 'pick me, I am delicious'. The reason why they can deal with allergies no problem is that they prepare every meal from scratch. They spoke directly to Sinead about what they could cook for her - her smile was a beautiful picture to behold. She had chicken goujons with vegetables and roast potatoes. Our meals were simply fantastic. I can't leave this review without mentioning the staff - our waitress, a lady from Meath, was brilliant. She took great care with Sinead and added to the enjoyment of the meal. I cant say anything negative about this place. It was simply the best restaurant experience of our lives.

kenmaretourism, Dermot Brennan- Proprietor at No 35, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Really lovely review,appreciate your comments,I will make sure to pass them on to Lorraine your waitress.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Had the pleasure of of dining in this restaurant while on holiday in kenmare this summer. We stayed in kenmare for a whole week and dined out each night and while we had excellent meals everywhere we visited No.35 stood head and shoulders above them all. Food,staff,ambiance and a beautiful cider from Kinsale were all 10 out of 10. I highly recommend this restaurant for anyone visiting Kenmare in the future

2  Thank DaveyCrem

Fantastic review,and really chuffed we were your No 1 restaurant in Kenmare ,Glad you enjoyed our Stonwell Irish Craft Cider too
Do call again
Dermot Brennan,

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

friendly staff and food cooked to perfection.there is a huge menue choice so something to suit every one.
35. Looks tiny from thè outside but as you get to know it you realise it's much bigger,with upto 70 sittings availible.
We very much enjoyed our food thè sea bass special was excellent.and thè cod with wasabi sauce Fabuolus.all very fresh and a lovely sheraz to enjoy with it.

Great Review,Thank you ,all our fish is cooked fresh and landed locally from the fishing ports in Castletownbere and Dingle
Hope to see you again at No 35

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Wow!!! Fantastic night at No.35 kenmare!!! Steak cooked to perfection and the sauce that accompanied the mussels was gorgeous. Wine was top class which accompanied the warm and inviting atmosphere!! Thanks again to the fabulous staff! Very impressed!!!

Fab Review ,really appreciate it ,delighted your enjoyed your evening at No 35

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I love the relaxed vibe of this place - the warm fire, cozy chairs and friendly service. I believe we were helped by the manager, his name slips my mind unfortunately but he was very friendly and we loved chatting with him. He pointed us in the direction of a delicious local cider (hands down the best cider I've ever had) and homemade tapenades which where all delicious. I ordered roasted chicken with vegetables and the other half had noodles with duck, both meals were fantastic. If you're in Kenmare, this place is worth a visit!

Fantastic review ,thank you I will pass on your comments to James and all the team ,The Irish craft cider you had was Stonwell Cider from Cork ,my favorite too!