“Very Nice”
Review of No 35

Ranked #4 of 56 Restaurants in Kenmare
Cuisines: Seafood, Irish, European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Brunch, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: No. 35 is a family-run, characterful and confident local dining room. We cook with the best of what's around us, using ingredients in season. On our farm, just a mile up the road, we breed our own pedigree rare breed Saddleback pigs for the delicious free-range pork we serve at No. 35. Open for lunch and dinner
Dublin
“Very Nice”
Reviewed June 15, 2011

This place was nice enough although it was very busy and there was a few problems.

The food was all very nice and of good quality.
We had the duck spring rolls and chicken wings and soup which were all nice.
3 of us had steak, which was nice the other had the cod special which he liked.
The deserts were really good. pear and almond tart was lovely and moist and the strawberry pavlova was really nice. The maltesers and ice cream was ok, tasty enough.

Wine was very reasonably priced and very nice. we had a Chilean red i think.

So, for some of the bad news: One of the orders was taken wrong and someone got the wrong dish. This was ok, he decided to keep it and got the price of the other dish.
Then our bill was incorrect, it didnt charge the correct price for the meal deal they do.
This was all ok and fixed, but beware and keep an eye out.
We had a nice relaxing time and a great night.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank Travel85Dublin
, Dermot Brennan Propreitor at No 35, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Thank you for your to the point review I appreciate people taking time to review our restaurant
Glad you enjoyed you food ,but apologies for the mix up with the original order and the bill
Please do call again on you next visit to Kenmare
Best Regards

• Polish first
Criccieth, United Kingdom
“Wish we could go back every week!”
Reviewed June 11, 2011

My husband and I ate here twice during our recent stay in Kenmare. We chose it because it looked the most interesting from it`s menu displayed outside. Both evenings it was busy, but the service was excellent and friendly and the food was scrumptious (my husband, who never clears his plate, ate every morsel) . He declared that the batter on his fish was the best he had eaten since a long-ago visit to Port Isaac.
We would gladly travel back to Kenmare at any time to visit No 35!

Visited May 2011
8 Thank Panda686
Thanks you for your great review of No 35 Apologies for delay in responding to some reviews but it was a busy summer in Kenmare this year I agree the fresh cod and homemade chips is a real treat ,
Please do call again on your next visit to Kenmare
Kind Regards
Cork, Ireland
“Great Value- lovely food”
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Myself and a couple of friends ate here recently. We were seated upstairs and had a lovely table. I had the Porkbelly Spring Rolls, followed by the Duck and my friends had the Steak and the Curry which was mild while both of them had the Tomato and Mozeralla Tart for starters. Food was lovely, served hot and not lukewarm as sometimes this can be the case with other restaurants.Very tasty, great service and very friendly staff. Will be looking forward to a return in the not to distant future. I would recommend a reservation though if you are thinking of eating here on a week-end night.

5 Thank OGONTOUR
, Dermot Brennan Propreitor at No 35, responded to this review, June 26, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind comments about No 35 We really appreciate all reviews .Weekends are quite busy in Kenmare so a quick e-mail or phone call before is always helpful
Hope to see you again on your next trip to Kenmare
Dublin
“Can't beat it”
Reviewed June 2, 2011

This was the best restaurant we ate in during our stay in Kenmare, so good we went twice. The first time my wife had mussels and I had a goats cheese tart. Both were excellent and very large. For mains I had a large steak and my wife had Seabass both were excellent. We could not fit desert in but having seen what was being brought out at other tables it also looked to be of a very high standard.
The staff were excellent and extremely friendly and attentive answering any question about food or even the local area. and easily catered for my 2 year old son.
Also when I over paid my bill accidentally(2 notes stuck together) my wife recieved a phone call the next moring to tell us this and to arrange a time for collecting it even though the restaurant was closed that day. I have never had that happen anywhere else!
If you want a great meal and a good price (22 euro for 2 courses when I was there, steak extra) look no further.

8 Thank jenkos
, Dermot Brennan Propreitor at No 35, responded to this review, June 26, 2011
Fantastic review ,and delighted to hear your 2 year old enjoyed his evening too ! I agree about our steaks ,they are all 100% prime Irish Hereford Beef ,We change the fish specials according to what is available Locally so glad you liked the Seabass.
Until your next visit
Regards and thank you
York, United Kingdom
“loved it”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

we had dinner her on a recent trip to Ireland ,A cute little restaurant in the town centre ,great food ,great service and excellent value

7 Thank breda_11