“C Leeson”

Harbour House & Leisure Centre
Reviewed June 24, 2012

having read some of the reviews i felt compelled to write about our experience this month. We were made most welcome. our room was clean, nicely decorated and comfortable and we were very pleasantly surprised. Who needs a TV by the way when you are in such beautiful surroundings.
The location is stunning. I am told by my husband that the diving was excellent The instructors were so helpful and really friendly towards my daughter and i. We were made to feel at home by all who worked there, including the pets who were adorable!! not at all intrusive.
The food was great, children are given a choice by the staff as to what they would like to eat. I would recommend the seafood mornay. Breakfast was delicious.
The staff were so nice, they always had time for a chat with us. We could not have asked for better and i do feel that they went above and beyond the usual customer service you would receive in the bigger hotels. We found them to be a lovely family.
my daughter shed a tear when we had to leave and has begged to go back. What more can i say? Really would recommend this place if you want peace and quiet and a friendly, relaxed atmopshere.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank celeste p

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Facilities; decent facade but the rooms were uncomfortable. Temperature controlled by Innkeeper and the temperature is whatever he thinks is appropriate...we were cold. The walls are paper thin and the hallway floor squeaks so loud when someone walks by that it wakes up a light to medium sleeper. The Coffee/Tea pot had to be put on the floor next to the bed as there was no outlet near where it was set up. We are early risers and the restaurant did not open until 8 am. The pool/spa/sauna closed at 6 pm. Room cleanliness and attention to detail was poor. Lights and window sills looked like they hadn't been dusted in months. If you are traveling to the area, do yourself a favor and stay at the Castle house in town. Bottom line, the Innkeeper made us feel that he was doing us a favor by allowing us to stay there. No customer service.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Mike R
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We spent one night in this place. Rooms are nice and we had a great view on the see. Bed was confortable. The room was clean, but the bathroom was only ok. The bar is also nice.
We had dinner in the restaurant, and however the dinning room was nice, the food was really poor. Ingredient not really fresh and basically not good. It's a shame to leave this very nice place with this impression

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Superkiskin
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed here with my family in August 2011 and was terribly disappointed.

I would class the accomodation and general facilities as a hostel, more than a guest house or hotel. From arrival, we were not welcomed with a warm reception and found the staff and proprietors most unhelpful. The bedrooms are very basic and in general, the building is in terrible repair. There are also dogs kept on the premises who were allowed into the kitchens through the side door, which I found very poor practice.

Also, the hotel's bar/restaurant area is closed quite early, when the owners want to go to bed and the guests are squeezed into a small sitting room - when we were there 10 of us were put into a small room to finish a drink and no-one was impressed.

The level of service at breakfast was also terrible and the breakfast itself was of a a very poor standard.

We were due to stay here for two nights, but checked out after the first and so did another couple we had met. Others we met at the hotel were surfers who found the hotel excellent as a base for surfing during the day - as the surfing is supposed to be superb near the hotel.

I would not return based on the premises and service, but there is no denying the location is spectacular.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Aoife S
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We didn't stay at the B&B, but had dinner in the restaurant.

The restaurant is quite small, but with a nice atmosphere. It is overlooking the sea.

The food was really good (we had the seafood platter and the fish & chips). The prices are reasonable and the staff was friendly.

Can't say anything about the rooms, but would come back for food again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmiraStar
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The location of this B&B is simply quite wonderful.
The level of concern and care the owners/staff showed to me was truly exemplary. I don't say exemplary lightly , the reason I say it is that while sightseeing about 2 hours and 30 klm after checking in, I tripped on some scenery and fell -bashing my head and breaking a rib. I was lucky enough to be able to drive back to Harbour House after the fall. When I arrived the owners / staff couldn't do enough to help me - took me to a doctor around 25 klm away and then to the local hospital and waited until it was decided that I could "go home" and they then gave me a lift back (around midnight) even though I told them I was fine and to leave me there . They looked after me as though I was a family member. It was an extremely pleasant surprise and the multiple cups of tea provided were very much appreciated.
This B&B does not pretend or intend to be five star as it wants to be comfortable and affordable, which it is. I found the rooms and accommodation to be very comfortable, clean bright (the sun was out while I was there) and airy. I certainly did not miss having a tv in my room as the place has a lodge/collegial feel - especially for divers although some walkers seemed to quite enjoy the place as well.
Even though my experience of the Dingle Peninsula was actually quite painful I have really fond memories of the area and especially its hospitality. I firmly intend to go back as the scenery is the best I have ever seen and I really do want to dive the Atlantic. I will definitely stay at Harbour House & Leisure Centre when I do.

Jeremy, a Pacific Diver

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We are just back from our stay here. We stayed for 3 nights, could not fault the location, service and facilities. Staff were very helpful and polite. Rooms were clean and the double room that we were given had a fab view of the sea. Highly recommend the place cannot wait to get back soon!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple