“Harbour House Restaurant”

Harbour House & Leisure Centre
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Harbour House Restaurant”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We didn't stay at the B&B, but had dinner in the restaurant.

The restaurant is quite small, but with a nice atmosphere. It is overlooking the sea.

The food was really good (we had the seafood platter and the fish & chips). The prices are reasonable and the staff was friendly.

Can't say anything about the rooms, but would come back for food again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmiraStar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The location of this B&B is simply quite wonderful.
The level of concern and care the owners/staff showed to me was truly exemplary. I don't say exemplary lightly , the reason I say it is that while sightseeing about 2 hours and 30 klm after checking in, I tripped on some scenery and fell -bashing my head and breaking a rib. I was lucky enough to be able to drive back to Harbour House after the fall. When I arrived the owners / staff couldn't do enough to help me - took me to a doctor around 25 klm away and then to the local hospital and waited until it was decided that I could "go home" and they then gave me a lift back (around midnight) even though I told them I was fine and to leave me there . They looked after me as though I was a family member. It was an extremely pleasant surprise and the multiple cups of tea provided were very much appreciated.
This B&B does not pretend or intend to be five star as it wants to be comfortable and affordable, which it is. I found the rooms and accommodation to be very comfortable, clean bright (the sun was out while I was there) and airy. I certainly did not miss having a tv in my room as the place has a lodge/collegial feel - especially for divers although some walkers seemed to quite enjoy the place as well.
Even though my experience of the Dingle Peninsula was actually quite painful I have really fond memories of the area and especially its hospitality. I firmly intend to go back as the scenery is the best I have ever seen and I really do want to dive the Atlantic. I will definitely stay at Harbour House & Leisure Centre when I do.

Jeremy, a Pacific Diver

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We are just back from our stay here. We stayed for 3 nights, could not fault the location, service and facilities. Staff were very helpful and polite. Rooms were clean and the double room that we were given had a fab view of the sea. Highly recommend the place cannot wait to get back soon!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2011

View from bedroom was amazing as was everything else!will def go back there!!

• Stayed July 2011
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed June 8, 2011

7 of us divers spent the June Bank Holiday in Harbour House. It was one of our best diving weekends so far and we are seasoned travellers. Staying on site made life so easy and Ronnie, Pat and Sandra just could not do enough for us. The opening statement of "make yourselves at home" really summarises the weekend. The only thing that took us away from Harbour House was the diving and what diving we had! We ate and drank in Harbour House for the weekend and the food was delicious - I'd highly recommend their seafood restaurant. The facilities in the dive centre were excellent and the boat and crew were again great fun and so helpful (especially Neil). To summarise..a perfect weekend.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Cork
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We stayed here over the june bank holiday 2011 weekend. We found the staff very friendly and made us feel very much at home. We took up the opportunity to refresh our PADI diving course and the staff could not have been more helpful. If you are looking for a relaxed and friendly place to stay in a fantastic part of Kerry with plenty of water sport activities then this is the place. it was also very competitively priced at a time when busy parts of Kerry charge a premium. We intent to go back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
limerick
Reviewed December 4, 2010

Paid to much for the bed and breakfast it was overpriced for the quality of room
which we received , we could get a smell of chlorine in the hallway from the swimming pool, the room was very small and not cleaned properly , the bedding linen etc was worn out from washing to much and badly stained.
Evening meal was of poor choice and quality , more live a fast food Restaurant and 4 star prices. Across from where we parked the car at the back door of the kitchen there was dumped the food waste from the kitchen . Foul Smell .
When leaving the Receptionist was taking our bill and also bellowing for her Father to anwser the phone ,how unprofessional.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank MagnaCruz2

Travelers are raving about these Castlegregory hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castlegregory
Dingle Skellig Hotel
#2 of 9 in Dingle
The Shores Country House
The Shores Country House
#1 of 7 in Castlegregory

Been to Harbour House & Leisure Centre? Share your experiences!