“Best stay on our trip”

The Shores Country House
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Best stay on our trip”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed here for one night and it was such a great surprise. This bed and breakfast was overwhelmingly beautiful. The house overlooks the water and Annette, our host, and her staff were so great. Our room overlooked the garden and gazebo in the back. It was so nice. Breakfast was amazing. There was so much to choose from. I had the waffles and was not disappointed. Annette talked us into taking a drive around the Dingle Peninsula and it was worth it. So glad we listened. Dinner the previous evening was a little bit of a drive as there is nothing in the direct vicinity and it wasn't a great looking small town but the food in the little restaurant we ate at was great. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name. It might have been The Village Bistro but not sure. We would make sure to stay here if traveling in Ireland again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We had an outstanding stay here during our trip to the Dingle Peninsula. We expected a quaint stay and ended up with the perfect holiday retreat. Our room included a separate setting area with fireplace and kitchen. Annette had excellent ideas for exploring the area to really make sure we had the perfect time. We actually ended up extending our stay longer here because we weren't ready to leave. I would highly recommend this place to anyone traveling to Ireland and if we ever return this would be the first place we would want to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in September 2012 as part of a week long stay around the West coast of Ireland and I have been meaning to review this place since we stayed. This was our first stop and such a great start to our holiday.

Our room was large, decorated to such a high standard and had a fantastic view of the sea. The dining room was beautiful and small enough to be able to talk to the other guests and compare notes about where we had visited.

Our host Annette and all the staff were extremely friendly and helpful adding to our stay.

I could not fault this place and would recommend it as a place to stay. Still after a year later we still talk about this place and how lovely a holiday we had here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank x-Katie-x2013
Atlanta
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We spent two nights at the Shores Country House with our two kids. This was our second stop in Ireland and had such a wonderful stay at our first B&B I thought the next one could never measure up. I was wrong. We had the family room and it was actually a little apartment. It had a kitchen and a separate bed room upstairs. Annette was a great host. We toured Dingle while we were there and the B&B was just a short drive to this beautiful part of Ireland. Being there in the off season it was very quiet. The room was decorated beautifully and the village of Castlegregory was very close for dinner that night. My only regret was that we were not able to stay longer. We booked two nights and could of easily stayed another and had plenty to do.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Absolutely wonderful stay. The home was beautiful- rooms were luxurious. Annette and her staff were so incredibly kind and warm. Our room had a large window looking out onto the beach and the bed was very comfortable. We brought along our 7 month old daughter and it was no problem. Annette and her staff treated her as if she were a little princess and took such good care- bringing her rice krispies to snack on. The breakfast was outstanding. Very fresh and with several choices to choose from each morning. My husband and I felt pampered. It should be noted that to get to Dingle you have to go through Conor Pass- not really a problem as it is very scenic but, it is not walkable. You can walk to the beach and to several little trails from the Shores. I actually preferred this location as it was more authentic and we did not feel like tourists. We stopped as several different pubs in Castlegregory and the surroundings and everyone asked if we were visiting family as everyone else was a local. I am already planning my trip back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Came here for my Birthday treat early June (perfect weather) and because we have a small dog, we were given the separate accommodation. We really loved it. Food delicious, staff extremely friendly and helpful. Gave us good information as to where to go for great music at Dingle. Though some distance from Dingle, it was not too bad and we travelled the two different routes.
Beautiful beach walks close by.
Annette O'Mahoney is the most glamorous host I have ever met and a wonderful cook!
All our belated thanks to Annette and her staff (hope the trip to New York was good!)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anne W
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have found this B&B by accident in 2005 and have visited it at least 10 times since. I cannot imagine a better one anywhere on the Peninsula. Everything here seems to be just amazing from food over interior and the service. I have seen many different rooms over time and even though there is one that stands out, every room has been decorated with an unbelievable love to detail. The rooms are spotless and are decorated in the Laura Ashley style...classy, very classy.
The presentation of the food goes along with the description before but more important is that it is as delicious as it looks ... and plenty. Here again is the love to details remarkable, little extras like fresh homemade bread just make it better when I thought it couldn't get any better. On top of all of this, Annette, the owner is a delight. She has always been very friendly, helpful and gives very good advice when needed.
I moved to Ireland in '05 and try to see as much of the country as I can and therefore have been to a number of B&B's since, but I have to say that I have not come across another one like it. It is outstanding indeed. A stay here is a treat, by all means.
One more noteworthy thing: the excellence of this place was maintained over all those years!
Whenever I want to go to Dingle again, I know how to make my visit count. Like last weekend, even if the weather isn't great, a stay here makes the trip worth it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castlegregory
Dingle Skellig Hotel
Killeen House Hotel
Killeen House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Aghadoe
Camp Junction House & Apartments

Been to The Shores Country House? Share your experiences!