“great stay at this lovely cottage”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
One-and-O...
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Clean but very much in need of some TLC”
Reviewed September 26, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Granted, this was not a hugely expensive cottage but I was very disappointed that the reality did not match the website photos.
It was clean and the owner had kindly left some milk and butter in the fridge but the place just looked very unloved.
Smoke detectors hanging off the ceiling (I raised my concern and was told that the wired in ones had been disconnected and there was a battery operated one but there was no note to this effect)
The kettle had huge lumps of limescale in it with nothing with which to clean it out.
The shower in the en suite did not have a working temp control so was either very very hot or cold. The toilet had a dripping sound until it had filled again (which took hours so I didn't flush it unless I would be out of the room for hours)
The garden had the grass cut but the bushes over the path down to the grass were completely overgrown.

I arrived on a Friday late and discovered that no towels had been left for me and it was Sunday before the owner realised and had her sister bring them.

I came home twice to find the strange man from the shop next door sitting on the window ledge of the front room and he didn't move which I found very unsettling.

The property is very dark and bleak and poor lighting makes this worse. It is also on a very busy road to say that it is where it is and the speed drivers travel is far in excess of a safe speed given it is such a small village.

There are a couple of great shops nearby for essential items and Ballyheigue beach is no more than a 5 minute walk from the front door but I think the place could do with a real fresh lease of life and some love before I would consider travelling there again.

Also, there were no instructions for anything so I couldn't work out how to heat the water, turn on the heating or work the TV when it said "no signal". No Wi-Fi either but fortunately my 3G signal was excellent.

Before posting this review I submitted (as requested) a questionnaire to Hogan Holidays and when it asked if I wanted to be contacted about the review I said yes. That was over 2 weeks ago and I've heard nothing so I am posting this now.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
rachael l
Pontypool, United Kingdom
“great stay at this lovely cottage”
Reviewed April 11, 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

5 of us stayed here for 4 days in April ( wish it was longer ) poppy cottage is a beautiful holiday home in a lovely seaside area we were late arriving so we were so happy the owner had put the heating on and left tea coffee and milk the cottage is small from the outside but once inside we could not get over how big it was you could easily seat 10 people in the 2 sitting rooms there are 3 very large bedrooms all very nicely decorated there is a nice fitted kitchen and the views out of garden of ballyheigue were stunning we can highly recommend poppy cottage and will hopefully stay here when we visit again

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: everthing
Traveling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing