“Beautiful hosts,amazing views,I used the house as if it were my own and felt comfortable doing so.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of O'Neill's Bed and Breakfast

and 1 more site!
O'Neill's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Ballyheigue B&B and Inns
Co. Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

On arriving to O'Neills,I instantly felt at home what with the tour around the house by the really fun and friendly Patrick and the 'please help yourself to beverages and a seat in our living space' attitude (with these AMAZING views might I add). O'Neills is a cosy place and the views are second to none. Papa O' Neill is charming,chatty and makes you think about life with some of his stories. They charge buttons (not literally but nearly) and I plan to return with a good book and my slippers someday. Also (unsure if we just got lucky)but we(my fab Mum and sister) were treated to a spin in the owners rolls royce-what a treat on a sunny sunday afternoon. Beautiful. It was a fun,easy going,cheap and a very cheerful experience. I plan to return on a weeks holidays and perhaps the odd weekend to O'Neills quite soon. Also check out the apartments(esp apt 2!)and picture yourself sitting with your feet up with a glass of sauvignon blanc overlooking those views. I can and hope to be doing it fairly soon! Enjoy.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Mags M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Luxembourg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I spent 2 nights in O'Neill's and couldn't have felt more at home! Mr. O'Neill is a gracious host, friendly and welcoming, and assured I had transportation and any area advice I would need. The home is warm and inviting and simply has the best location and views you could ever desire in Ballyheigue. On a cliff, with the Ballyheigue castle in front, and the beach and ocean on the other sides, you are spoiled for choice for a view.

My room had exceptional sea views (as they all do), and the wonderful sound of the waves. Comfortable bed, great shower, sufficient room amenities, lovely breakfast and free wireless internet satisfy all requirements. But the addition of the small kitchen for coffee/tea anytime and the dining room and lounge with balcony and views make this an ideal choice to make O'Neill's your base in Ballyheigue, Whether sun or rain, I was completely content and happy! The beach is a few steps away, and the main town is only 1 block for a nice fish and chips, or homemade sandwich to go.

I have recommended O'Neill's to friends and am looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Cindi2
Offaly ROI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Had a great stay In this B&B great location In Ballyheigue.
Rooms are big and clean. the owners are very friendly an helpfull.
Great Breakfast.

Will be Back

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank JohnnyMOffalyROI
Somewhere over the Rainbow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

Stayed in O Neills bnb for three nights a couple of weeks ago. Nice bright rooms , good breakfast , friendly hosts and excellent views. The best place to stay in Balllyheigue

Room Tip: As for sea view room.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank IrishGuy2010
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

I have stayed in oneils b@b several times and only one word comes to mind FANTASIC both accommodation and the oneil family , they ve made me and myfamily so comfortable and relaxed that even my older children now adults always want to return , when we say we re returning to holiday
The appartments are so clean and up to date its a home from home . The view is spectacular , especially when the sun goes down ...you will not be disappointed and you will always dream of returning as we have done over the last 11 years ......paul flynn

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank binflynn1
Elburn, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

The O'Neills could not have been anymore warm and charming. The views from their home are panoramic to say the least. The Irish breakfasts were huge and perfect; we had none better in our 20 day sojourn in Ireland. Our hosts were helpful and knowledgeable about this village of my great-great-grandfather. Put us in touch with local and visiting relatives and helped us locate the ancestral home which was falling down in 1958 (only ruins left) and the successor to the school where g-g-grandfather taught (the new school was built in the 1890s). Balleyheige and environs are as beautiful as any Irish American could expect or wish. The beaches and views of Kerryhead and Dingle Peninsula are breathtaking. We had an amazing time.

Room Tip: Don't think there are any rooms without those incredible views!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Cypress, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

The O'Neils were very kind and helpful. They gave us a few ideas in where to go since we only had a few days and we wanted to see as much as we could. We went to Dingle and loved thhe trip there as we passed through Connors Pass. Wow!!

As for the accomodations, we walked out to the balcony and had absolutely breathtaking views of the ocean! We had a great self-contained suite with kitchen and a washer and dryer! It came in handy since we were backpacking. We also used the kitchen. There is a coin operated electricity box so I would recommend bringing coins as we used the electricity a bit with the laundry and kitchen use.

My husband and I had a great time here and we are already planning our trip back to Ireland, especially Ballyheigue.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank verucasalt23
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballyheigue
Brassil's Guest House
The Tides B&B
The Tides B&B
#2 of 21 in Ballybunion
An Bothar Pub and Guesthouse

Been to O'Neill's Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!