“Filty bar area, rude bar tender”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Georgian Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 20 Restaurants in Listowel
Cuisines: Irish
Description: the restaurant forms part of the hotel...
Description: the restaurant forms part of the hotel...
Dublin, Ireland
“Filty bar area, rude bar tender”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I recently visited the Listowel arms for Sunday lunch with my husband. I was quite surprised at how dirty the bar area was. We sat in a corner at the back of the bar and the table wasn't cleaned prior to our sitting down. When I pulled my chair into the table, the arms were sticky. However, the food was very good and I was served by a very pleasant older lady. The price was very reasonable also. A little while later, a most rude and unpleasant male tanned bartender joined the bar staff. He was so rude to his colleague that I am surprised he works in the hospitality industry. I wished to complain at the time but I was informed that there was no duty manager on duty.

Finally, just as we were about to leave, we went to the restrooms. There was no light in my cubicle and the taps were leaking. In the male restrooms, my husband informed me that there was no toliet seat in his cubicle and that the dryers were also out of action. An unpleasant finish to an unpleasant day.

2 Thank KPark10

Tralee, Ireland
“hotel restaurant”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

eat here on a friday night in august,the meal was very average starter was very bland,main course had a lack of vegetables but i will say the desert was the best part..service was good but the place was quiet..would not recommend buying pint of beer at the bar on six different occasion three of us had to give back drink..dirty glasses and bad taste off beer/stout..no explanation from bar staff just a very faint sorry..

• Visited August 2011